Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cocobolo wood is such an ideal wood for gun grips.
It's hard ~ tough ~ beautiful ~ dense ~ sweat resistant ~ checkers beautifully ~ resists warping & splitting ~ maintenance free.
It's just a great exotic wood with all kudos & zero negatives.

Here is a place where you can get yourself a set of wonderfully crafted Cocobolo Wood Grips & you can even select your grain pattern & style.

Nice assortment of 1911 thin, smooth & checkered grips ~ Browning HP & Ruger SA Grips & other handguns. All Cocobolo wood.
Real nice craftsmanship!!

NICE Sporting Arms Cocobolo Grips ~ Click Here.

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Bud

Cocobolo is a beautiful wood. It has so much natural oil in it that it's basically almost waterproof.
I get a toxic allergic reaction when working with it.
The wood dust is deadly...but the finished product is amazing.
My favorite grip wood is SNAKEWOOD from Surinam but, it's more brittle than Cocobolo.

·
Registered
868 Posts
They are nice QK, do you work with this wood often? I don't know what my grips are but they take on a high sheen especially with oil.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
The CocoBolo's I have on my Lightweight Commander cost me 20.00 here.in NH.....no tax........they're Dbl Diamond grips....nice checkering.......if you guys want a pair.i can get them for you..and ship out to you..20.00 plus 3.85 priority mail.... :biggrin:

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FortyFive

Yours might already be Cocobolo
$20.00 is a great price for any exotic wood checkered grips.

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
If you want a pair of cocobola grips for a 1911, you might want to check "Exotic Grips by Esmeralda" . Her work is great and you can actually see the exact grips you are ordering. With a wood like this, that is important. I have never bought from her but if I ever see the exact slabs I want, I wouldn't hesitate to buy them....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts