Defensive Carry banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
273 Posts
I own and presently carry a Pro-Lite 4 inch non-serrated. It's been an excellent knife, though I haven't abused it as I have my Vaquero Grande. I've had it about 2 years, and for the money, I'd say it's an excellent knife. I'm rather fond of Cold Steel as a whole. I've found their knives to outperform Gerbers and other well known names, and they are usually affordable, though I have noticed of late a marked increase in price.
However, to each his own. I know a guy who only buys Strider. Won't consider anything less. I'd love to have a Strider, but it would sit at home in my sock drawer. I'm simply not able to use a knife that expensive as I do my Cold Steels. With Cold Steel, if I break it, I'm out what, a hundred bucks, depending on folder model? If I busted (or even scrathed,lol) a Strider, I'd cry all day and most of the next.
That said, I've really abused my Vaquero Grande, and it hasn't let me down yet.

· Registered
273 Posts
PressCheck,
Welcome to the forum. Or welcome back, since it looks like you joined back in Dec. You aren't, by any chance, affiliated with the Halo group, are you?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.