Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a Coleman Flashlight at Walmart for $24.95! It's small and easily fits into ones pocket. I like it and I especially like the price! It's one bright flashlight.

Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah! This will part of my everyday carry wear. Ya gotta love Walmart. It pains me to hear the Crazy Kooks demonizing a great company like Walmart. Great products at a Great Price!

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
How about a quick pic...is it small?:blink:
Pocket size or hand size?

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
It takes 3 AAA batteries & a Momentary and permanent button on back that's nice !! PS IT floods more than spots ; )

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dang!!! Went to walk the dog with my brand new Coleman flashlight and HOLY SMOKE! It is very bright with damn good range. I shined it across the street and it clearly lit a tall pine tree. For $24 bucks you cannot find a better bargain!

Fits into the pocket just nice. Not bulky at all. Press the button on end lightly to obtain a quick pulse of light. Press until clicks and you get a steady stream of light.

I like the CR2 batteries because of the longer life.

This forum sure paid off! I got the tip about 2 weeks from a Coleman thread.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I saw a 2 pack of Serengeti hand/pocket size tactical flashlights with 125 lumens at Sam's Club for $28.00 (for two!). I was going to see if that was a pretty bright light but I know it offered strobing as well as constant on light and the price seemed good. Sounds like I might need to get back and pick those up.

·
Premium Member
3,165 Posts
I started a thread here a couple of weeks ago about this flashlight.....sort of.

It's the Coleman Max.

The one that takes three AAA batteries is the larger one. I bought the smaller one (115 lumens) that takes two of the "barrel" type batteries (forget what they're called).

I did a comparison against my three D-cell MagLight and the Coleman actually gave more light. I was amazed. So I wound up going back for another one to keep in my truck!

This little sucker easily fits in a pocket.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
I started a thread about the Serengeti 2 pack, but no replies. So far loving them and they are rated at 160 lumens. One in the car and one by the bed works out great.

·
Banned
160 Posts
I have one of those , the one that uses the CR2 batteries. It is extremely bright, nice and small too.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Is this what you are talking about?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Is this what you are talking about?
No, but similar.

The 115 lumens light uses 2 CR321 batteries and is a little smaller than the one you linked to. I didn't see it on the W-M site, but they have 'em in every W-M I've been to in the last few months. It is called the Coleman Max. $24.88

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
FWIW, I had mine fall apart in my pocket at work. The head and collar separated from the body. In it's defense I am separating bread trays off of stacks all night. I regularly catch the trays with my hip. I think the light took the brunt of a few impacts. I got to look it over this morning. I managed to save all the parts out of my pocket. I had to disassemble it completely, but was able to get it back together. It still works too. So although it did seem to work loose and come apart after about 3-4 weeks of daily use, I was able to save it. Now I need to carry it in a different pocket and go easy on it. BTW, I have the larger multi colored version. The red light is great for getting into my treestand in the dark.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
The one that's 75 lumes is acually better except the tail switch works backwords push until it clicks its on than push too momentarally off with presure but I like the tactical nose (Jagged) ; )

1 - 18 of 18 Posts