Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here every experienced or know of a situation where the telescopic stock slipped from the mid-point position to the shortest position while firing?

·
Registered
10,716 Posts
Have never experienced it and in all the carbine courses I have taken, 6 to be exact, none of the LEO instructors or military instructors have ever mentioned it. I've never read about it either in any of the several books I have on ARs.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
For it to happen, either a button would have to be pressed, or something would have to break. Ive never seen it happen before. Its not likely to happen.

Reactions: Chicagobill

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
I,haven't enough rounds down range in the AR to speak from experience. However my stock feels very solid when locked into position. Could be your stock is not seating properly or has a defect.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
You can usually adjust your collapsible stock via a screw that loosens or tightens the release lever, that may be playing a part. Regardless, this should be pretty straight forward to reproduce and then deduce whats wrong by manipulating it.

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
Nope.

What kind of stock & what kind of tube?

Commercial buffer tubes have a significantly larger diameter than mil-spec stocks. I could see using a commercial stock on a mil-spec tube as possible causing such a problem.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Not an issue with any reasonable Quality stock.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Ah HA! I think that's the first mention by the OP that the stock was on an AR carbine. All the replies just filled-in that blank. I HAVE seen a shotgun completely wreck a (cheap) collapsible stock. Yet I've never seen it on a mil-spec AR.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts