Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
34,637 Posts
I'd hardly call that a "body slam," or at least it's a weak one. As for that officer's associate--I'd ask for a replacement. A 5-foot midget afraid to get in there and mix it up to help a fellow officer. Hopefully she was a trainee on day one. Clueless to what she needed to do. She should have given the suspect a sharp kick to the back/side of the left knee when he yanked her pal off his feet.

·
Registered
7,969 Posts
what a worthless partner. This is why there needs to be strict physical standards. Not everyone is cut out for every job.

·
Premium Member
33,894 Posts
Thirty-five miles down the road from me. These are the guys who are going to save you when you call 911.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I'm not one to bash the police, but I see an assault by police in this video. Harris is trying to return to his vehicle and is being assaulted for trying to evade what appears to be police harassment. I'd like to hear the audio of that interaction. Harris is trying to back away, with his hands up and backing away in a submissive action, and the officer gets very physical with him.

·
Premium Member
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not one to bash the police, but I see an assault by police in this video. Harris is trying to return to his vehicle and is being assaulted for trying to evade what appears to be police harassment. I'd like to hear the audio of that interaction. Harris is trying to back away, with his hands up and backing away in a submissive action, and the officer gets very physical with him.
No audio, I am not going to call police harassment, brutality etc.
I have always found that following a cops instructions will usually keep you from a butt whipping.
How hard is it to just do what they ask, then you are usually on your way with a citation. Fight in court, not on the street.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
No audio, I am not going to call police harassment, brutality etc.
I have always found that following a cops instructions will usually keep you from a butt whipping.
How hard is it to just do what they ask, then you are usually on your way with a citation. Fight in court, not on the street.
That's why I'd like to hear the audio. The visual, without the audio, shows a submissive person being assaulted by a police officer. The video shows Harris attempting to extract himself from the assault. I'd also like to see the incident from the moment the police stopped. Context can change the whole interpretation.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Odds are, this kid is looking at the end of his football career. Wish there was audio. Roids? Maybe. No matter whether it is or not, he should have listened and complied. Yanking his hood back up, turning around, and heading back into the car, no matter the reason, was the wrong choice. Of course, I also question why he was holding his hands up for all that time. Was he instructed to, or was it one of those "don't shoot, black lives matters things"? As for the partner, I just hope that she was fairly new, to be acting like that.

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Several things come to my mind.

1) Very few people have ever been around anyone who is so terminally stupid as to disobey lawful orders from police.
2) Even fewer people have ever been around anyone cranked on ice or meth and tried to control them physically as part of a job with lawyers scrutinizing your every move.
3) Very few people ever determine the truth by simply watching a video. We tried to tell people that video is often without context, and it is - and always will be, even when there is sound.
4) Many people have been warning law enforcement that relaxing physical standards to be seen as "inclusive" was a bad idea. It was, is, and always will be. This video is a perfect example of why.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
What happened to Follow Commands ??? If you were ever a Cop.....there's NO WAY this kid is getting back into the car !!!!!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I'd hardly call that a "body slam," or at least it's a weak one. As for that officer's associate--I'd ask for a replacement. A 5-foot midget afraid to get in there and mix it up to help a fellow officer. Hopefully she was a trainee on day one. Clueless to what she needed to do. She should have given the suspect a sharp kick to the back/side of the left knee when he yanked her pal off his feet.
Exactly. This was a body slam.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/29/us/chicago-arrest-body-slam-video/index.html

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
What happened to Follow Commands ??? If you were ever a Cop.....there's NO WAY this kid is getting back into the car !!!!!
I see an assault associated with those commands. What I see is someone NOT being listened to and being verbally, then physically abused. If the audio and the video previous to this confirms that, this is an assault by a police officer. Without the audio, the video I see is damning to the officers. Much like the woman who was tazed even though she was complying with commands. What I see is self-defense against an abusive officer.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I follow commands by LE if they are lawful. I do not follow commands like "give me your ID" when they are not lawful. Just saying. I would like to hear the audio.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I see an assault associated with those commands. What I see is someone NOT being listened to and being verbally, then physically abused. If the audio and the video previous to this confirms that, this is an assault by a police officer. Without the audio, the video I see is damning to the officers. Much like the woman who was tazed even though she was complying with commands. What I see is self-defense against an abusive officer.
I watched the same video. Again, it is without context when there is no audio, but I see someone being stopped and questioned, and using his physical size to attempt to intimidate the officers doing the questioning. Didn't you see him REPEATEDLY aggressively close distance with the officer, in response to which the officer uses his hand to create space? As soon as that move took place, twice, this kid lost ANY ability to claim that officers unnecessarily instigated physical conflict. He was clearly spoiling for the fight, based on what I see. You might want to watch that again, without being distracted by the silly "hands up" move...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts