Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Perfect example of why body cameras are a failure or video in general. You have two very distinct things that occur one officers loose support do to lack of context as a result of partial video or audio, lack of either one, or poor quality. We see this when there arms cover part of the video in shootings or all the video. Or in fights when all you see is something blocking as a result of grappling or the officer taking cover or the officer being on the ground.

The other not shown in this instance is the “unfair bias” it provides to a jury in convictions against criminals. Which is why many are now saying they are a unfair tool. Also not to mention the number of officers exonerated from claims of abuse and other misgivings as a result of people making claims later determined as unfounded.

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
I watched the same video. Again, it is without context when there is no audio, but I see someone being stopped and questioned, and using his physical size to attempt to intimidate the officers doing the questioning. Didn't you see him REPEATEDLY aggressively close distance with the officer, in response to which the officer uses his hand to create space? As soon as that move took place, twice, this kid lost ANY ability to claim that officers unnecessarily instigated physical conflict. He was clearly spoiling for the fight, based on what I see. You might want to watch that again, without being distracted by the silly "hands up" move...
Correct! I didn't need audio to determine: Failure to comlpy with verbal commands; AND (the start of) assualt of a peace officer. (AND hendering an officer in the performance of his duties.)

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Appears he is 100% NFL material they should sign him up right now. next we will hear him saying I dident do nutn, then latter they cause it , then I am sorry all forgiven. Charges drop , reduced to save his future. Officers will be retrained.

·
Premium Member
3,039 Posts
The still image makes the "body slam" look much more dramatic than it actually was. The average guy off the street could have put the officer in the air with the amount of leverage the linebacker had.

But yeah, the partner looked completely useless.

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Appears he is 100% NFL material they should sign him up right now. next we will hear him saying I dident do nutn, then latter they cause it , then I am sorry all forgiven. Charges drop , reduced to save his future. Officers will be retrained.
Not enough for the NFL. He still has to beat his wife/girlfriend first before he can be considered for the draft

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
There is a point in the video where his hands are very close together, they look like he's covering his head. Why didn't the genius partner slap cuffs on him when she had the chance?

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
More and more it seems Fox News is using inaccurate, sensationalistic headlines.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I Call BS, The video I watched was a dude that did NOT comply with a LAWFAL ORDER..
YMMV ; ) PS Has nothing to do with Fox News
H/D
I was only referring to Fox characterizing it as a body slam and noting that they are mis-characterizing things more and more often, presumably in order to engender more traffic at their web site.

It appears to be an attempted body slam but it clearly failed. The officer's feet touch down and he then seems to topple backward. To my way of thinking, this sort of news reporting is little different from that coming from the far left and it destroys their credibility when what is needed is the solid truth.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Not enough for the NFL. He still has to beat his wife/girlfriend first before he can be considered for the draft
Likely already has that has been covered up. You don't go from saint to slam a LEO in one traffic stop

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
Don't forget a DUI video & drug arrest! :danceban:

Reactions: msgt/ret

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I don’t understand why she doesn’t hit him with the taser when he’s on top of her partner.

She needs to look for a new line of work.

I’m not a cop, but think if I were and they assigned me a small woman partner, I’d probably raise a stink. At some point a partner can become more of a liability than a help.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I don’t understand why she doesn’t hit him with the taser when he’s on top of her partner.

She needs to look for a new line of work.

I’m not a cop, but think if I were and they assigned me a small woman partner, I’d probably raise a stink. At some point a partner can become more of a liability than a help.

Then you would get mandatory training to help you understand why it’s acceptable and that your wrong least you would some places. As for the taser most departments I’ve seen including ours have a lower success rate then failure rate.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I guess they don’t carry mace or stun guns. The partner was useless. Take the nightstick out and put it across his throat and pull back. He could have easily killed the cop on the ground with all the time he had. If the cop on the bottom would have shot him it would be an outrage. The cop on the bottom is lucky to be alive. It could have been much worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,105 Posts
Well his stupidity has earned several charges.

A violent encounter in Ohio this week landed an Eastern Kentucky linebacker – and former Tucker High School football standout – in jail, according to multiple media reports.

Michael Harris faces nine charges, including three felonies, after he body-slammed a Cedar Groves, Ohio, police officer during a Monday morning altercation that was captured on video, ESPN reported. The video shows Harris, who is 6-foot-3 and weights 245 pounds, lift an officer above his shoulders before slamming him into the ground.
https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/watch-college-football-player-from-tucker-arrested-after-body-slamming-ohio-cop/ulCnWqgCsYDgDLdOfkDdwM/

Reactions: Pete63
21 - 40 of 40 Posts