Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
I wish them luck....

·
Banned
1,029 Posts
Good for them.Hopefully,it won't be for nothing.I can't even imagine,living somewhere,with these senseless laws,from the anti lawmakers,and,at least one of them,has zero clue about how firearms even works.DeGette has no business being involved at all.

·
Registered
42,131 Posts
Gotta fight it in the courts. Good to see LE supporting the peoples' right.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Good for them. Hope they succeed. Colorado is already seeing fallout from these laws with businesses moving to other states.

Reactions: phreddy

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I'm hoping these unconstitutional laws are viewed as such by the court, but the world is so upside down these days that it makes it hard to have hope.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Good for them...

Won't it be interesting if "we" win... And the liberals scream that the judges are "legislating from the bench."

Revenge... is the best revenge! says I.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Interesting piece. I read through the article to see exactly how they are going to challenge the law. It seems they are going to use the Heller case language to argue that magazines with larger capacity than 15 rounds are common enough to meet the squishy standard set in Heller:

This violates the Supreme Court's rule in District of Columbia v. Heller against prohibiting arms which are ‘typically possessed by law-abiding citizens for lawful purposes’,” the release asserts
The whole notion that gun safety is enhanced or violence reduced based on mag size is ridiculous, but I wonder if that will translate through in the legal realm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts