Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone I’m new here and to conceal carry. I’ve owned guns for years but never carried other than [email protected] having one in my car. My question is. I have been looking at the a Taurus G2c, it’s on sale for $199.99 my problem is they don’t have one in black they just have it in a light FDE not the darker mud color but more of a bright tan. I hate to pass on a $50 saving and wanted to know if the color really makes a difference? Thanks for any reply or advice

·
Super Moderator
21,908 Posts
...wanted to know if the color really makes a difference?
It doesn't make a lick of difference in how the pistol operates. If you're meaning in concealing it, you'll get as many different opinions as there are respondents.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Hello everyone I’m new here and to conceal carry. I’ve owned guns for years but never carried other than [email protected] having one in my car. My question is. I have been looking at the a Taurus G2c, it’s on sale for $199.99 my problem is they don’t have in black the just have it in a light FDE not the darker mud color but more of a bright tan. I hate to pass on a $50 saving and wanted to know if the color really makes a difference? Thanks for any reply or advice
I own a number of pistols and all are black, but I would not hesitate to own one in flat dark earth. Pink might be an entirely separate issue....

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
It's concealed, if you like the color purchase it ,

·
Registered
2,188 Posts

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
I don't think that the color of a gun matters as much as the brand. Just my .02 worth:biggrin2:

·
Registered
8,388 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
No worries, if its reliable and you can shoot it well it's worth having.

Reactions: airslot

·
Registered
963 Posts
Hello everyone I’m new here and to conceal carry. I’ve owned guns for years but never carried other than [email protected] having one in my car. My question is. I have been looking at the a Taurus G2c, it’s on sale for $199.99 my problem is they don’t have one in black they just have it in a light FDE not the darker mud color but more of a bright tan. I hate to pass on a $50 saving and wanted to know if the color really makes a difference? Thanks for any reply or advice
It depends upon the finish to me, more than the color. See if it can be cleaned easily or if the finish wears off.

It is one reason I don’t get the american flag, or a lot of cerakoted stuff. They tend to wear off, or make it difficult to clean without stripping it off.

Check the people at Taurus armed forums.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Instagram
Muzzleblast_MD

·
Banned
705 Posts
I don't think that the color of a gun matters as much as the brand. Just my .02 worth:biggrin2:
And if the brand is Taurus...

I have a Glock 26 that's baby poop brown (AKA FDE). When I told the dealer I was interested in a Glock 26 he told me that no one wanted to buy the BPB one and told me he'd give me 50 bucks off if I bought that one specifically. I couldn't care less (with in reason) about what color the gun is so I agreed.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I own a number of pistols and all are black, but I would not hesitate to own one in flat dark earth. Pink might be an entirely separate issue....
I'd have no problem carrying a pink firearm if that was the only option. Better to have one in pink than none at all.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
I'd have no problem carrying a pink firearm if that was the only option. Better to have one in pink than none at all.
Agreed. But since I don't have to carry a pink one, I won't. Does that make me politically insensitive? Cue the social justice warriors...

·
Registered
8,001 Posts
Agreed. But since I don't have to carry a pink one, I won't. Does that make me politically insensitive? Cue the social justice warriors...
What I think about is the aftermath. OK, you defended yourself, good. But everyone at the local PD will come around to look at your pink gun while it's in evidence and laugh. If you go to court, you are going to have the whole courtroom see it. You may beat the charge, but the judge may order you to surrender your man card indefinitely! Your local PD will always know you as the guy who defended himself with a pink gun. If you get pulled over, cops will ask if you are armed, and if you say yes, they will demand to see your gun, just to get a look at it and get a chuckle.

You will be "that guy" forever.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I have no issues with that. It's a free country...or at least it is supposed to be.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts