Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
1. Is the gun reliable, accurate, and enjoyable to carry and shoot?

2. Do you like the color?

If both answers are "Yes", buy it, a good holster, 2-3 extra mags, and 500 rounds of ammo. And have fun using your purchase.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
I own a number of pistols and all are black, but I would not hesitate to own one in flat dark earth. Pink might be an entirely separate issue....
Oh I don't know...carrying a pink pistol might be simply another way of concealing the true purpose of the gun!

Like this one...

JNclkm8wzAisGG3kcH0RBfh1uDxB3eI0fMpcUMl9n_A.jpg

·
Registered
8,407 Posts
Oh I don't know...carrying a pink pistol might be simply another way of concealing the true purpose of the gun!

Like this one...

View attachment 308198
I offered to get my wife a pink AR and she flatly said "No." That was a joke, of course. Her AR is FDE and she owns no pink clothing.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Black pistols: Someone here was just talking about brand new S&W Shield 9mm gen1 pistols for $149 after rebate, and they're made in America with a lifetime warranty, and parts are easy to get because they're not made in a foreign country. For an inexpensive but quality pistol the S&W Shield is a STEAL for $149, or even $249.

·
Registered
399 Posts
yep, it's a Taurus all right.
The "Made In Brazil" stamp was much bigger on the older G2, but on the new G2c it's nearly impossible to see in pics because they shrank it.

Reactions: OD*

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I have a M&P Shield 40 that I carry all time except at work (can’t carry on the job) I wanted something that held more than 7 bullets in the magazine. This holds 12 + 1. I also have Bersa Thunder 380, holds 7, and a colt Detective 6. The Taurus holds enough For home defense and small enough to carry. Shoots well out the box(partner at work has one and I shot it) love the feel

·
Banned
705 Posts
I have a M&P Shield 40 that I carry all time except at work (can’t carry on the job) I wanted something that held more than 7 bullets in the magazine. This holds 12 + 1. I also have Bersa Thunder 380, holds 7, and a colt Detective 6. The Taurus holds enough For home defense and small enough to carry. Shoots well out the box(partner at work has one and I shot it) love the feel
Hell would freeze SOLID before I bet my home defense on a Taurus

·
Registered
151 Posts
... I hate to pass on a $50 saving and wanted to know if the color really makes a difference?
Bassman1956,

I, too, am (relatively) new to CC. I convinced myself that the color of one's CCW does, indeed, make a difference. If it should happen to peek out from under your cover garment (say, if your jacket blows open and momentarily reveals your CCW), then a black pistol in a black holster is more likely to be "seen" as a shadow than recognized as a CCW--or so it seems to me. This is why both of my CCW's (Sig M11-A1 and my Kahr K9) and their holsters are black.

FWIW,

rx7sig

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
I have the G2C and it's a solid pistol. I have abused the hell out it and have around 800 rnds through it without any issues. Yes, I would trust my life to this pistol. The only issue I had, was the finish, as it did wear pretty good. Put a Gunskin wrap on it and problem solved. BTW, the G2C is made in Miami,FL and another plant is being built in Georgia

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
In all fairness, the G2C has had a lot of very favorable reviews. If you decide on that, I would just make sure it runs reliably, both with FMJ and your choice of defensive ammo.

EDIT Allow me to add...I do that with ALL guns being carried for protection - even rifles and shotguns.

Having said that, you can find very concealable mag carriers that will hide two magazines for your Shield. I carry a Shield 45 and do that.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have the G2C and it's a solid pistol. I have abused the hell out it and have around 800 rnds through it without any issues. Yes, I would trust my life to this pistol. The only issue I had, was the finish, as it did wear pretty good. Put a Gunskin wrap on it and problem solved. BTW, the G2C is made in Miami,FL and another plant is being built in Georgia
Many people make the mistake of assuming the G2c is made in Miami because that's the really big stamp on the metal slide, but it doesn't say "Made in (Miami)", that's just the required importer's stamp- their U.S. import facility.

Federal regs require the country of manufacture be stamped on guns using the words "Made" or "Manufactured" (AND the importer's name and location if made outside of America). All G2, and the newer G2c pistols are stamped with "Made in Brazil" on the polymer lower, near the ejection port. Even the photo the OP posted shows the tiny rectangle stamp reading "made in Brazil", but Taurus intentionally made it much harder to read on the newer G2c model by shrinking its size.

The last verifiable info I saw was that only the Taurus Spectrum pistols were being made in the U.S.

If your G2c was made in the U.S. and not Brazil, please post a pic showing that it says "Made in...". We'd all like to see it because that would be a welcome change and a good move by Taurus.

Reactions: Old Man and OD*

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
I offered to get my wife a pink AR and she flatly said "No." That was a joke, of course. Her AR is FDE and she owns no pink clothing.
I snagged that to match my pink hat...

pink-pussy-hats750x422.jpg

This combination just confuses the snowflakes and SJ warriors to no end. :hmmmm2: :motz: :vs_smirk:

·
Registered
8,407 Posts
I snagged that to match my pink hat...

View attachment 308208

This combination just confuses the snowflakes and SJ warriors to no end. :hmmmm2: :motz: :vs_smirk:
So that was your undercover outfit when you were in law enforcement? Ingenious disguise!

·
Premium Member
4,237 Posts
If you like it and shoot it well, that's all that matters.

I have five M&Ps, including one in FDE. Makes no difference which one goes on my belt,because I trust them all to do their job.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts