Defensive Carry banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't like pink colored firearms. They just don't look mean enough. :icon_wink:

This is my OD Glock 19 with my new Browning concealment purse. My Glock will always be my favorite pistol. :yup:

This is my new sand colored Taurus TH9C that is DA/SA. It's cool too. :smile:

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Remember when FDE looked like flat dark earth and was a rich darker brown? It used to be called Coyote Tan what the gun makers call FDE now.I remember some years ago Glock had a Vickers FDE 19 RF2 that I thought looked really great.

When did the color names change? I am always so far behind on fashion.

·
Premium Member
5,736 Posts
I'm color blind so it doesn't matter much to me, but I won't knowingly carry a feminine colored or named pistol (like a S&W Ladysmith). Some will... just not my style.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I have NOT been a Taurus fan for decades .......................... however with the overturn in the company and the numerous sterling reviews of the G2C from sources I trust I felt good enough about it to purchase one for my granddaughters first gun................. color is in my opinion immaterial.

·
Registered
438 Posts
OP - I see nothing wrong with the gun shown in your attachment. Admittedly I would pass on a pink gun ( unless it was the only one I could get ). But about anything is okay with me as long as it works. Like some others, experience has biased me against Taurus but your opinion may be different.

Reactions: OldChap

·
Registered
276 Posts
That FDE is not too bad. I'm actually getting to kind of like it because Ive been seeing it so much. Having said that, if my choice was between FDE or black I would choose black. But if I really wanted the gun and FDE was my only choice, not a deal breaker.

·
Banned
232 Posts
That FDE is not too bad. I'm actually getting to kind of like it because Ive been seeing it so much. Having said that, if my choice was between FDE or black I would choose black. But if I really wanted the gun and FDE was my only choice, not a deal breaker.
OT- This is how brainwashing/desensitizing works concerning everything. See it, hear it said, read it; sooner or later it impacts the ability to think for yourself (no offense).

·
Premium Member
7,110 Posts
When I bought my first P238, the ONLY (not 100% steel) model with an ambi safety was the Scorpion. I really did not like the FDE color, but the combination of that FDE with the layered colors in the G10 grip panels made it not so awful. Men LOVE the looks of it, and I admit I'm becoming quite fond of it myself. It's not as pretty as my SIG P238 Rainbow (which I bought later), but it is the one that gets carried almost all the time. I do not want to take a chance on scratching that Rainbow beauty queen! She has her own OWB leather holster for rare "barbecue" events.

I also occasionally carry a plain old black G42. No one sees my carry guns when I'm normally out and doing things, so it really does not matter. EXCEPT I will not buy a pink gun!

I think that Taurus in FDE with the black slide is actually pretty good looking.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I have NOT been a Taurus fan for decades .......................... however with the overturn in the company and the numerous sterling reviews of the G2C from sources I trust I felt good enough about it to purchase one for my granddaughters first gun................. color is in my opinion immaterial.
I have 6 of their revolvers, and one is from 1994.

No problems with them regarding reliability or accuracy for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Instagram
Muzzleblast_MD

·
Registered
310 Posts

The black and FDE is my carry gun and is on my hip as I write this. I like the color combo and don't really care about what others think about it.

As far as Taurus goes, seems like they turned things around, and many of the hate being thrown there was is based on their past and not the present. I don't need one, but I'll probably get one for ghits and siggles. Lots of people own the G2C and they swear by them. Great deal for $150ish after rebate.

·
Registered
310 Posts
They say that Black guns are scarier, but I don't know about that.

I like FDE, and OD colored guns as well as Black, but my favorite color is Stainless steel.
All stainless slide and frame is a thing of beauty, but a stainless slide in a black polymer frame is dull, boring, and just blahhh IMHO.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I’m an old school traditionalist. Give me black, blue or stainless not some gaudy color even if it costs more.
When I was recovering my pool table I was well aware that you can now get cloth in many colors or even have some team logo on it, but IMO pool tables are supposed to be green. End of story. I am an old dog who is generally uninterested in learning any new tricks.

I'll let you figure out what I think about weird colored guns.

·
Registered
310 Posts
When I was recovering my pool table I was well aware that you can now get cloth in many colors or even have some team logo on it, but IMO pool tables are supposed to be green. End of story. I am an old dog who is generally uninterested in learning any new tricks.

I'll let you figure out what I think about weird colored guns.
Kind of think FDE and ODG is pretty main stream and common on civilian and military handguns and rifles, but some of the other colors guns are coming in nowadays, not so much. I agree with you when it comes to pool tables though. When it comes down to it, it's all a matter of personal preference and it's not a big deal either way.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I like blued, black, stainless and FDE, or any combination of them. But unless it's some bright, gaudy color, it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

Although I must admit, that my LGS owner gifted me a SCCY CPX2 that's black and bright orange. I really dig it though because it's the Harley Davidson colors !!!

CPX-2_OB_3Q-web.jpg

Reactions: APX-9M and OldChap
41 - 60 of 66 Posts