Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Colorado Sheriff Says Dems Are Using Salary Threats to Pressure Sheriffs to Support Gun Control Bills
Mar. 10, 2013 10:08am Mike Opelka

One Colorado sheriff is claiming that Democrats are pressuring pro-gun sheriffs in the state with tactics he think border on extortion.

In a radio interview with KVOR on Saturday, El Paso County Sheriff Terry Maketa said he received an email last week with a threat to stop or stall pay raises to the state’s elected sheriffs if they don’t support Colorado’s pending gun control legislation.

Read More: Colorado Sheriff Says Dems Are Using Salary Threats to Pressure Sheriffs to Support Gun Control Bills | TheBlaze.com

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Would any of this surprise anyone?
Nope. It's a well-worn tactic of the hirelings. Many folks bend when faced with a decision over honor or the ability to feed their families. They're banking on it.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Would any of this surprise anyone?
You are spot on with that question! Been there, done that, with local and state politics vs. law enforcement. Not to mention you get what you pay for when voting. If you don't want to fight the devil, don't let him into your backyard.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Extortion is. But tit-for-tat is "just" politics and an acceptable tactic amongst political hacks to get what they want shoved through.

The People, though, should see this for what it is: extortion and threats to go along with unconstitutional limitations on citizens. And they should, IMO in every single case, vote for a permanent "wages" adjustment to these political hirelings doing the damage: fire 'em all, permanently.

·
Super Moderator
18,241 Posts
They’re using the same tactic congress has used many times when they have some legislation they want to ram down our throats, remember the 55mph speed limit.

Reactions: F350

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Just Chicago style politics. Did anyone expect anything else from this administration when it was elected in '08?
God Bless Texas! Hoorah!

Reactions: AR15VSCoyote

·
Registered
457 Posts
I was just about to post this. wow this is an outrage! I said this a while ago, People keep saying the police and military will never enforce these laws and I said to myself, Humm would if they stop paying these police,sheriffs, and military? Then what? They have families they have to feed.. The whole thing is disgusting and makes me sick. If it ever comes down to that I think the people should stop paying taxes and pay the sheriffs to uphold the constitution, or else its gonna be all out war plain and simple. Bloomberg has his $9-$11 dollar an hour jobs for antis to go out and protest agains gun ownership I hear around 600 million dollars for this cause.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I don't know if the Dems are stupid enough to actually follow through with something like that.. Like the article reads:
I have not been directly threatened or coerced in any way nor would I tolerate any threat. A message delivered verbally to a representative of the Colorado Sheriff’s Association basically stated that the Senate Dems are very upset with the Colorado Sheriffs opposing the gun legislation proposed by the Senate Democrats.
The CSA has quite a bit of support and could blow the lid off of this one if they wanted to, IMHO.

·
Super Moderator
18,176 Posts
The anti's will use whatever tactic they deem necessary to push their goals through and this one is no different.

Perhaps if we started using the same tactics and started threatening any Democrat or Republican that sponsered ANY anti-gun legislation with their jobs, it would get the point across.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
The enemy has infiltrated all aspects of federal, state, and local governments. They have been putting their people in place for a long time. Now they're starting to raise their ugly communist voices. Our country is being dismantled from within, we need not fear an outside enemy.

·
Registered
14,469 Posts
Is there any proof that this Sheriff is telling the truth here? It is entirely possible, since they have not had a pay raise in years that he is using this situation to HIS advantage. The email in question came as the result of an alleged verbal comment from an unidentified source. Not picking a side just asking the tough questions.

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
Is there any proof that this Sheriff is telling the truth here? It is entirely possible, since they have not had a pay raise in years that he is using this situation to HIS advantage. The email in question came as the result of an alleged verbal comment from an unidentified source. Not picking a side just asking the tough questions.
Very appropriate avatar for ya.

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
The anti's will use whatever tactic they deem necessary to push their goals through and this one is no different.

Perhaps if started using the same tactics and started threatening any Democrat that sponsered ANY anti-gun legislation with their jobs, it would get the point across.
I think we are doing that but it seems so far without much success. Whatever reward they hope to gain by selling us out to the will of their Washington masters and billionaire east coast political bullies seems to be trumping the will of the people they are supposed to be working for. Hopefully we can hand 'em all pink slips at the earliest possible opportunity.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Liberals will stoop to anything in their attempts to get their agenda crammed down our throats.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts