Defensive Carry banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
OD, and Ti
thanks for everything. That is a great website and I think a complete takedown and cleaning will help. I am going to order new spring kits for both and a few new mags. Are the wolff mag's a quality product?
I will try to get pictures up soon. I was just at the sheriffs for the "safety inspection". that lady didn't know which end the lead came out of. but they recorded the serial numbers, for safety of course.
Since purchasing my kimber, I have kind of went 1911 crazy. they just feel so good.....

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
snowdoctor said:
I have kind of went 1911 crazy. they just feel so good.....
That happens, I have found that 1911's are just like wemon and beer, once you try them ya just can't stop.:danceban: :yup:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I am going to post pics on tuesday. Have some free time then. I think I am going to tinker with the 5'' a bit and make it my new IDPA pistol and retire my 9mm. 1911 fever has hit. I think many of my pistols will get alot of shelf time now I have 3 different 1911's. problem is, gary is making me a max con V for the kimber ultra. and now I have two others I will want to carry too, that are all different.
that is going to get expensive. oh well gives me something to go to work for.

·
Registered
7,525 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,393 Posts
CLASS3NH said:
I utilize Wilsons for my 1911s..............they work very well............:yup:
I like the 7 rounders. Have you ever noticed the spine on the tube bodies, are yours the folded & welded Metalforms or the extruded Checkmates, or both?

·
Registered
7,525 Posts
OD said:
I like the 7 rounders. Have you ever noticed the spine on the tube bodies, are yours the folded & welded Metalforms or the extruded Checkmates, or both?
I have the extruded mags............very well form fitting...........the nylon followers work very well...........they're scalloped out to aid in feeding that last round, and to help keep the others properly seated

·
Super Moderator
22,393 Posts
CLASS3NH said:
I have the extruded mags............very well form fitting...........the nylon followers work very well...........they're scalloped out to aid in feeding that last round, and to help keep the others properly seated
Mine are the Metalforms. :wink:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
pics are here

ok I think I did it.
i took some pics of some others. need to get the rest on here.
let me know what you think, and if it was a good purchase, I think the officers colt might go up for sale. it is just too close to the kimber, and I could replace with a different 1911. like a Stainless Kimber 5''.

·
Premium Member
7,085 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,393 Posts
Doc, y'all got a hellova deal! :hand10:

·
Registered
7,525 Posts
I'm thinking...........if it's blue............about 525.00 to 595.00 for the Officers...........Stainless might be about 600.00 to 635.00
LOL............What is the Exchange rate in bananas? hehehe :haha:

·
Premium Member
7,085 Posts
21 - 40 of 43 Posts