Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been paying attention recently. I thought Colt stopped manufacturing the 6920. Did they start up again? Price is about double from the last time I bought one... just sayin.

·
Registered
7,078 Posts
Sad that they have become hard to find. It is one of the best commercial guns you can buy - at any price.

I suppose PSA has become the sales leader for a nice balance between quality and price / selection. I am also impressed by the uppers being offered by Bear Creek Arsenal.

Reactions: Rock and Glock

·
Registered
Various
15,762 Posts
The one on the far right is a Colt LE6920. I bought it around 2008 for $1,100.

·
Registered
7,947 Posts
I think I paid about $800 for my 6920 MPB 6ish years ago. For $1800 there are a lot of other guns Id be looking at.

Reactions: scottync and Pete63

·
Registered
9,589 Posts
Earlier this year they stop selling commerical AR due to lack of demand /it being swamped with cheep AR and no massive rush on them / miltary contract S America I think or the Mid east .. Now demands is here and they are back but not cheep I am hearing 900+ MSRP now for basic

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Earlier this year they stop selling commerical AR due to lack of demand /it being swamped with cheep AR and no massive rush on them / miltary contract S America I think or the Mid east .. Now demands is here and they are back but not cheep I am hearing 900+ MSRP now for basic

When Colt announced they were halting civilian production, their rifles started selling for premium prices.....everyone wanted one.....now they are coming back and there is a huge demand.....coincidence??????

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
YES, I've been getting that add in my mailbox. For THAT price, +tax, shipping, & a transfer, I can "BUILD about 3 VERY GOOD rifles, thank you"! I'd pay $900 max, for THAT rifle!

Reactions: scottync

·
Registered
363 Posts
Bought mine new 5 or 6 years ago for $850.... and got a free Carhartt jacket with Colt logo in a promotion they had running. Both are now owned by one of my sons.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Bought mine new 5 or 6 years ago for $850.... and got a free Carhartt jacket with Colt logo in a promotion they had running. Both are now owned by one of my sons.

View attachment 333170
A friend of mine got in on that same deal, rags on me all the time because I've got 2 of their ARs and 4 of their revolvers and haven't gotten chit in the way of swag.

My LE 6920 is one of the early post ban sold guns, that was built during the ban. It has the odd trigger pin sizes and is marked "Law Enforcement use only" on the lower and the SN begins with LE. It's my 1st AR15 that I bought just before I retired from the Army.

As I 1st put it together, I've now run through multiple carbine classes and matches, so my setup has changed since putting it together. I've left it pretty much "stock" except for Magpul furniture and a Geissele SSA-E trigger.

The engraving on the lower is the "for LE use" BS

1 - 14 of 14 Posts