Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My newest purchase...picked it up last Thursday from the consignment display at Green Mountain Guns. Stainless Colt XSE Combat Commander in 99% condition...previous owner had some enhancement work performed at the Colt custom shop, mostly trigger work I suspect.

Took it to the range yesterday, and ran 150 rounds through it...100 rounds of Brand X hardball and 50 rounds of Winchester Ranger.
It fed the hardball without a hitch...had a few feed failures with the Ranger, however. I could see a shiny spot at the very top of the feed ramp that seemed to be grabbing the nose of the hollow-point....I suspect a little bit of polishing with the dremel tool should help.

The photo shows 50 rounds of hardball at 25 feet...I need to make a small adjustment to the rear sight, and looks like she's ready to go!
I need to order a BladeTech IWB holster for it, and start some practice for my new summer-time carry piece :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
Excellent sir.
That appears to be a keeper! :wink:

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Nice shooting there....nice gun too!

A fine summer gun indeed!

·
Administrator
143,580 Posts
Great TEAM

You know that I have a special appreciation for the Commander size 1911s.
I think they have a near perfect balance (for me) & an EXCEPTIONAL naturally pointing carry handgun.
Congrats on finding yourself a really nice & obviously accurate handgun.
Looks like it has had a few dollars worth of extra effort put into it. :smile:
Very nice. Shoot it good health.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Great piece Rick and appears to be holding a very nice group.

Nice finish too by looks of it :smile:

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
That appears to be a XS model, note the 2 cut trigger and the upswept bevertail saftey, hard to see the rear sight, that will tell the diff between the two.

I recently ordered a Colt XSE commander 04012XSE, should pick it up the beginning of this comming week (I can't wait).

Either way you got a real nice sidearm there TA.

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
NICE PIECE!! Great shooter ya got there!! Sure looks like a keeper to me!!

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bruces45 said:
That appears to be a XS model, note the 2 cut trigger and the upswept bevertail saftey, hard to see the rear sight, that will tell the diff between the two.

I recently ordered a Colt XSE commander 04012XSE, should pick it up the beginning of this comming week (I can't wait).

Either way you got a real nice sidearm there TA.
By golly, you are correct, Sir...the Colt box says it is a model 04012XS, not the XSE (good eye! You know your Colts :smile: ). Oh, well...it's a stainless Commander model that shoots pretty good...I'm happy! :biggrin:

·
Administrator
143,580 Posts
Bruce .45

Somebody reward that chimp wid a banana.
That primate sure knows his .45s and there is no "pulling the fur" over his eyes.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you insist... :wink:

Please note....I am not a photographic lighting expert... :redface:

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will be placing an order with Blade Tech sometime this week...I really like the holster I bought for my Steyr S40 from them. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
very nice gun.

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
TA, I'll give you another reason to fondle that beauty, could you lock the slide back and snap a pic of the feed ramp area? Also since that is a enhanced model Colt how is the barrel to slide fit, and lock up? How does that speed bump style grip saftey feel in the hand?

·
Administrator
143,580 Posts
Imagine That

Such a nice tight group with that deadly lil pistola and no (FLGR) full length guide rod.
How can that be? :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
Good catch Bud.

·
Administrator
143,580 Posts
You guys caught me sleeping

Yep, there the sonovagun is right inside the doggone recoil spring.
Right in there where it should be sitting.:dead:
Consider me as having had my tushy whupped.
OK...now I'm going out and buying a bunch of FLGRs.:biggrin:
Did I put my foot in my mouth? :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts