Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
37,060 Posts
Colt is already moving (has?) its commercial manufacturing facility to Florida, so it may not be beyond reason that it wouldn't move its military facilities also. That's a lot of company tax base and employee tax base to risk losing.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Colt is already moving (has?) its commercial manufacturing facility to Florida, so it may not be beyond reason that it wouldn't move its military facilities also. That's a lot of company tax base and employee tax base to risk losing.
To me it will take the bottom line to stop this nonsense and new laws that will not prevent the next mental case going off somewhere

Just like the laws they want here in Colorado, will only hurt the state in the long run.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Colt, Ruger, Springfield, S&W, Kimber ... and all the smaller makers who aren't already in liberty-friendly states. It would be nice if each and every one of them went into overdrive to work with amenable communities and states for the strong possibility of moving as painlessly as possible. It'll never be a cheap endeavor, not for any of the "biggies." But in the long run, it might well be the only thing that saves them, and us.

KEEP UP THE PRESSURE, EVERYONE. SANE AND RATIONAL FOLK ARE LISTENING TO THE MESSAGE.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Texas has plenty of room for everyone, and a governor, state lawmakers, and local government leaders that will work with them to make it happen.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Texas has plenty of room for everyone, and a governor, state lawmakers, and local government leaders that will work with them to make it happen.
STI's already there, NE of Austin. There's an awful lot of open territory between Austin and Killeen. Could easily be a new firearms "alley" of sorts, with a bit of willpower to make it happen. Hm. Just the sort of thing reps/leaders would love to do, I'm sure, for all the boom in business it could bring.

·
Registered
892 Posts
The thing I noticed, and was a little disappointed about, in that article is that there wasn't really much talk about the 2nd Amendment on the part of the Colt president. It was basically all about money and jobs. Which, obviously, are important factors, but this didn't sound like a rally for freedom but a rally for money.

·
Super Moderator
22,042 Posts
They are not moving 100,000 square feet of factory into a 16,000 square foot building.
December 01, 2011 16:58

Colt’s Manufacturing Company is pleased to announce that the company will continue its progressive momentum by opening a new facility in Kissimmee, Florida. The new 16,000 square foot facility will allow Colt’s Manufacturing Company to expand into new markets and business lines in parallel with the company’s existing 100,000 square foot facility in Connecticut. Specific information on facility renovations and employee requirements will be determined over the course of the next several months.
Colt to Open New Facility > Colt's Manufacturing Company LLC

·
Registered
37,060 Posts
That's strictly a labor decision. It's too bad IMO. Craftsmen are dying out as it is and the good ones aren't following them to Florida. Luckily I collect old Colts!

Now if Glock moves to Florida, it's all in the crapper. :)
saa.
Yes, moving its commercial operations to FL may have been a labor decision, but that still doesn't mean it can't or won't move its military operations also. As for the loss of skilled labor, I disagree. Eveyone up there comes here eventually, why not a little sooner than planned and work then retire in the Gunshiny state of Florida?

·
Registered
37,060 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,042 Posts
The thing I noticed, and was a little disappointed about, in that article is that there wasn't really much talk about the 2nd Amendment on the part of the Colt president. It was basically all about money and jobs. Which, obviously, are important factors, but this didn't sound like a rally for freedom but a rally for money.
That's all politicians care about, money.

·
Super Moderator
22,042 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
South Carolina has always had low employment rates.

I've heard rumor of our governor putting together some incentive packages... :rolleyes:

As much as I love being self-employed, I'd have to apply for at least a part time job if the Colt factory where here.

Heck, who am I kidding? I'd work there for free. :redface:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Good for Colt! It's about time we gained one of the major makers. Hopefully now that Colt has stepped up to the plate, some of the others will come forward as well.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
Colt to bolt?

“The governor has been clear for some time that while he does not want manufacturers to leave the state, we need to move ahead with common sense gun violence prevention legislation that will improve public safety,” Doba wrote FoxNews.com in an email.
Read more: Colt to bolt? Gun maker's boss says company feels unwelcome in Connecticut | Fox News

Seems like they need to stop sitting on the fence and accept that once the politicians create a hostile environment, it's time to look for a new home; one that respects your contribution. Wanting your tax revenue shouldn't be enough for Colt, or any other firearms manufacturer, to continue to feed dollars into a state that wants to strangle our Second Amendment rights.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts