Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a Commander at the gun show today. Looking for a IWB holster. I currently use a DeSantis Cozy for my Defender and Officer. Hoping to make this my primary carry gun. Any suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
18,021 Posts

·
Registered
20,078 Posts
Milt Sparks Summer Special is the standard by which all are judged, but he has other designs that may be better for different people.

I prefer the Summer Special.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Having not yet orderd a summer special, I use a Milt Sparks Versa Max II and love it. It has worked very well.

Reactions: grouse

·
Super Moderator
19,882 Posts
Milt Sparks Summer Special is the standard by which all are judged, but he has other designs that may be better for different people.

I prefer the Summer Special.
And here's what that looks like (disclaimer - the holster is for a 5-inch model, since those get carried as well):

Attachments

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
1911's beg for leather...back when I carried one I went with the Sparks summer special for my 5' and the VMII for my CCO:

Les Baer "Stinger" in VMII:

Baer Concept V in Sparks SS:

The VMII is positively one of, if not the most comfortable IWB holsters I've ever worn.

Chuck

·
Super Moderator
22,274 Posts
And here's what that looks like (disclaimer - the holster is for a 5-inch model, since those get carried as well):
SSII?

ETA: No, that's not a Sparks is it?

·
Super Moderator
22,274 Posts
Just picked up a Commander at the gun show today. Looking for a IWB holster. I currently use a DeSantis Cozy for my Defender and Officer. Hoping to make this my primary carry gun. Any suggestions.
Sparks Summer Special or their Watch-Six (which appears they no longer offer) or their VMII in horse hide.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Another vote for the sparks summer special II. I know the versa Max is a good holster, but I prefer the summer special because it's less material inside the waistband.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
22,274 Posts
Another vote for the sparks summer special II. I know the versa Max is a good holster, but I prefer the summer special because it's less material inside the waistband.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you worn a VMII? I felt the very same way you do, until a friend let me wear his for a day, the VMIIs & Watch-6 are actually more comfortable for me than my SS's (and they are thinner).

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
Have you worn a VMII? I felt the very same way you do, until a friend let me wear his for a day, the VMIIs & Watch-6 are actually more comfortable for me than my SS's (and they are thinner).
Found the same here also OD. Used the s/s for years, then tried the vm2 and for iwb, it's superior to the s/s in comfort for me as well. But I got away from iwb when I left the commie state for the land of the free. lol

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Sparks Summer Special or their Watch-Six (which appears they no longer offer) or their VMII in horse hide.
Yep, yep, yep. And horse hide is THE choice (IMHO). :yup:

Reactions: OD*
1 - 20 of 29 Posts