Votes: 28 66.7%
  • Stag Tactical 2 w/ rails = $1000

Votes: 14 33.3%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local shop got in a few Stag arms Tactical 2 with the rail set-up in today price is around $1000.

They also got in 2 Colt M4's which I like the idea of even though it doesnt have the rails it's a Colt? price is around $1295.00

Help me decide?

Pros & Cons anyone???????

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
I've got a Colt A2 Govt. Carbine! It has held it's value over the last 10 - 12 years!

I have about 6 or 8 friends with AR's. Mine is the only Colt and they say they are jealous. Now, they all have some fine shooters and are accurate so, who knows?

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
A colt will always hold its value,the Stag Arms not so much,The rails add weight to the gun,for the most part a good sight like eotech etc. and a light for night is about all you need,you can get a picatinny rail that attaches to the plastic forearms for about 10.00 good enough for a light but not stable enough for any sighting devices like a laser.
I have about 10 AR15's but no Colts,but if I found one for the right price I would jump,those Colts were selling for around 1600.00 + a few months ago

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A colt will always hold its value,the Stag Arms not so much,The rails add weight to the gun,for the most part a good sight like eotech etc. and a light for night is about all you need,you can get a picatinny rail that attaches to the plastic forearms for about 10.00 good enough for a light but not stable enough for any sighting devices like a laser.
I have about 10 AR15's but no Colts,but if I found one for the right price I would jump,those Colts were selling for around 1600.00 + a few months ago
hmmmmmmmmmmmm........................

·
Registered
245 Posts
This a link to "The Chart" that goes through and breaks various manufacturers down. It will also show what to look for and why it's a nice feature to have. If your new to the AR scene, it's really a must read and you will be enlightened. The author does a great job of keeping it current as well. Click on the "Link to Google Doc of chart" in the first post to access it.

BTW, I voted Colt.

Here's the link:
http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=6642

·
Banned
5,252 Posts
I too vote Colt, for the reasons already stated.

Biker

·
Registered
541 Posts
I voted Colt, its tried ans tested. I have got to stand behind what has kept me safe and confiednt.

Im not voting bc price, just from experience of what a Colt can stand up to and what its capable of doing..

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
I voted Colt, made better than most, and its what I'm about to purchase for my patrol rifle :smile:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I have the Stag mod 2 that I bought back in November for $930. Since then I have added a Midwest Ind MCTAR forearm, Magpul CTR stock, and a Hogue grip.

The difference in price will allow you to buy more accessories.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Forgive my noob experience - both here and with rifles. My son owns a Bushmaster and told me that I also needed an AR to balance my equipment. I own a Beretta .32, 2 Glock 9's, a Kimber 45acp, and a Mossberg 500. I looked into both Colt and Rock River. But then I realized that any threat to me and/or my family would be within a 100yd zone. When considering this zone, after much research, I felt that the best addition to my inventory would be a FNH PS90. But that isn't a CCW so it's a different story and forum. :image035:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A buddy was trying to tell me it's cant be a real Colt? I mean I know its not automatic but is there a difference. Whats he talking about?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Sounds like he is confusing the AR15 & M16 , I carried the Colt into some of the @#$$%^ forsakin holes in the world and it never failed me and survived over a 170 para drops!!

·
Super Moderator
22,136 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
If I could shoot right hands, I would go COLT but I am left handed. I have 3 Stags - all have worked flawlessly over the last 4 years. But I am not in a combat situation and i can do my own maintenance.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Nothing wrong with Stag for the average weekend shooter. It is a good AR. Better than many of them. Stag is made by CMT which is a military supplier of parts. I run a Stag upper on my secondary carbine but my primary carbine I want as true to TDP as possible. Colt is better at that.

Even having said that, I opted for the BCM. It is even truer to TDP in some aspects than Colt. Take the RDIAS cut, for example. Minor for some, not to others.

Stag will run fine for you though.

·
Premium Member
3,579 Posts
Where are those prices coming from? If you can get a stag model 2T for that price then jump on it. You are well on your way to a nice EOtech with that kind of savings.

The true question you have to ask yourself at the end of the day is. Am I a weekend warrior or am I going to Iraq?

I would guess you are a WW, and trust me a Stag will do just fine in that role. I trust my life with my Stag upper.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts