Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the basic difference between the Colt New Agent and the Colt Defender. I handled a New Agent and it seem lighter than the Defender that I own. I checked the Colt site but could not find the spects.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I sold my Agent and kept my Defender . I kept the Defender couldn't get used to that gutter sight . Defender still has a home. Agent has moved to another town . I know the new owner and he's happy with it.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
What is the basic difference between the Colt New Agent and the Colt Defender. I handled a New Agent and it seem lighter than the Defender that I own. I checked the Colt site but could not find the spects.
The most obvious difference is that the New Agent has gutter sights, and the Defender has traditional Novak Lo Mount-type three-dot sights. Other than that, not much.

Don't know why they would feel different weight-wise.

·
Registered
406 Posts
The most obvious difference is that the New Agent has gutter sights, and the Defender has traditional Novak Lo Mount-type three-dot sights. Other than that, not much.

Yeah, they should be the same weight. I chose the Defender over the New Agent because of the sights. Loved the gun, except that I didn't find it reliable enough. After a trip back to Colt didn't solve the problem, and a dozen different brands of ammunition kept hanging up on the feed ramp, I traded it for a Glock.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You talking me out of the New Agent:icon_neutral: I am not familiar with gutter sites.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Reactions: Wasp

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
The New Agent was designed to be a quick close up defensive gun. Basically a point and shoot gun. I have both the 9 and 45. If you use them for what they were designed for they are great guns. I also have the defenders in 9 and 45. Both are great shooting guns. I carry all 4. They don't make the new agent any more. The New Agent do take some getting used too.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Defender. The New Agent has trench/gutter sights and the Defender has traditional sights. If you decide later you want some night sights on a New Agent, you're SOL. If you can only get one, get the Defender.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

differences in weight: #1 no sights
#2 rat tail grip safety vs. beaver tail grip safety on Defender.
#3 stupid WWI thumb safety vs. standard or extended grip safety on Defender.
and maybe #4 Stainless steel is heavier than carbon steel ? and once here and there ads up.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Yeah, they should be the same weight. I chose the Defender over the New Agent because of the sights. Loved the gun, except that I didn't find it reliable enough. After a trip back to Colt didn't solve the problem, and a dozen different brands of ammunition kept hanging up on the feed ramp, I traded it for a Glock.
My experience with Colt was unfortunately the same.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
I have not had a problem with the reliability of either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts