Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well Dragging my feet today while working so i could stop by Fav gunstore i made it there right at open and what do they have but a nice Colt wheelie had to check it out ..

Well long story short i slapped it one layaway for some crazy reason they dont want us buying guns in the van or in uniform dang funny rule ya ask me ...

Now to get a day off to go pick it up and go to the wonderfull police station to get it checked in since they will only do it tues-thursday and i of course am Working then ..

Gun looks pretty much like the one on this auction here.. Colt Wheelie :krank2:

·
Administrator
143,466 Posts
Congrats Bud!

It's a shame that Colt revolvers don't feel like they fit my hand.
I'm not even sure exactly why.
I've only ever owned two. A Dick Special & a big OLD .45 Long Colt military revolver.
I traded them both off.
They were wonderfully built & "smooth as silk" but I could never get either to point naturally for me.
I'm sorry that I traded them though 'cause I sort of miss not having them around.

·
Registered
128 Posts
That’s kind of funny the way Colt chose to name their guns back then. Way back then when the .38 Special was first invented by S&W it was called the
.38 S&W Special cartridge. But when Colt made a gun chambered to fire the .38 S&W Special cartridge the last thing they wanted to do was to put S&W on the barrel of their gun. So the decided to solve the problem by calling it the Colt Official police 38sp. Nice gun I had a Colt Agent 2” as a back up when I first became a cop. I liked the way it fit my hand.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ooo Hears a Question i just thought of as steel back then wasnt what it is today should i only shot lead though this Thing the Serial # puts it round 1937-38

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
An Official Police will handle jacketed ammo just fine. I would be a little leery of feeding it a lot of +P stuff, but other than that any normal .38 Spl round should be OK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts