Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just shot an Officers, steel version, matte finish .45 acp and while it is heavy, the heaviness helped with follow up shots. The gun has had some nice refinements (trijicon, Kings match bushing, McCormick trigger, beveled mag well, lowered ejection port. trigger job) and the owner is asking $450. Is this the money on the gun? I have been shooting Glocks - hard not to think about a G30 given the capacity/weight comparison.

·
Banned
123 Posts
If you dont buy it... I will.....:smoke23:

Seriously I carry an SS Colt Officers ACP Series 80 everyday...Nice pistol...So go buy it:hand10:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
That is a good deal for a fine pistol. Buy it.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Buy it before he changes his mind or figures out what he has.

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Were I offered that pistol for $450, I would sell a kidney if that was the only way I could buy it.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Excellent gun, it's a steal...buy it, don't wait... I had one in the 80's, they're great guns...

·
Registered
911 Posts
I was told mine was a POS, but it has been flawless. I think an OACP is worth $450 scrap value.

·
Banned
1,438 Posts
if you don't buy it, Santa Claus will hate you.

seriously, he's a Colt lover. buy the friggin' gun. that's almost half of what it's worth.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have the exact same officers and I had to pay to have all those bells and whistles done to mine, sounds like you are good to go.
I would get it now before he changes his mind or we find him first.:smile:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just shot an Officers, steel version, matte finish .45 acp and while it is heavy, the heaviness helped with follow up shots. The gun has had some nice refinements (trijicon, Kings match bushing, McCormick trigger, beveled mag well, lowered ejection port. trigger job) and the owner is asking $450. Is this the money on the gun? I have been shooting Glocks - hard not to think about a G30 given the capacity/weight comparison.
I'll buy it for $500!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Why haven't you bought it yet?

Herk
:cowboy:

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
buy it, great gun and a good price. and it is a colt.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did it! Barrel throated/polished, ambi safety, bevelled mag well, new trijicons, Kings bushing, awesome trigger job, McCormick titanium trigger, lowered ejection port.
Really is soft shooting piece. Pics to follow!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I have a FIRST year Colt OM Series 80(purcahsed new in '85). I paid good cash for visits to Bill Wilson,Richard Heinie and finally,for a new spring & guide-rod setup to EGW(Evolution Gun Works). Sounds like this pistol is "good to go" right now and that's a great price. Make the move. Good Luck!:smile:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I did it! Barrel throated/polished, ambi safety, bevelled mag well, new trijicons, Kings bushing, awesome trigger job, McCormick titanium trigger, lowered ejection port.
Really is soft shooting piece. Pics to follow!
Cool - you got one heck of a deal! I have a stainless version all stock that I have had for about 20 years and I still love to shoot it - No problems with it either.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good Deal

:comeandgetsome:I bought my Officers for around $500 with none of the bells and whistles that you mentioned. Great Deal!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts