Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and hoping to get some thoughts on a Colt Pony Pocketlite in 380. My local dealer had one in stock (used, of course) and I had him set it back for me. I, too, prefer my Colt Commander, but summertime it's difficult to conceal. Main purpose is family camping trips....don't like being out there with the wife and kids without a means of defense.

Opinions?

photo added by QKShooter

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I've only heard about'em... alum frame , d/a. Would be quite a find. You'll have something different than everyone else that has kel-tec's, NAA's, etc.
I have a lil' mustang myself... congrats !
Arthur

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've got one, I carried it skiing this year. It's a nice little pocket gun, mine is 100% reliable.

I carried it pretty regularly until I got a j-frame though. Found .38 and a reload to be more carryable.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Very nice gun. I'd love to have one, but the prices on the few used ones (at least in my area) since they've been discontinued have been pretty steep -- more than I'm willing to pay for a pocket .380. If you can get one at a reasonable price, I'd say jump on it.

-Paul

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My out the door price is $376, which I thought was rather fair. He has an AMT Backup in 380 that I could walk out with for under $200, but it just didn't feel as well built as the Colt.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Based on what I've seen checking around, that is a good price for sure. I had a Colt in 380, but sold it like an idiot - would sure like another. The AMT backup will have a much heavier trigger and, at least around here, seem to be pretty common.
And, I like the little horse - so I would go with the Colt. It should make a fine little carry gun.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Considering I've seen a few of the small Colt .380s going for $500 and up, I'd say $376 is a pretty good deal.

-Paul

·
Administrator
143,599 Posts
One On Gunbroker

That already has a $529.00 bid on it. Just FYI
For 375 snatch it up.

Since it's used (Nothing Wrong With That) but, ...friendly advice....take a very close look at the frame feed ramp & make sure that nobody played around with it before you buy it. Especially with a lightweight frame you'll want to make absolutely certain that it has not been "home gunsmithed" at all.

WELCOME TO OUR LITTLE FORUM BY THE WAY.
THANKS FOR REGISTERING! :usflag:

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Great gun, if Colt is on the side, it is a good gun.
frankmako

·
Registered
813 Posts
You get what you pay for....three and change isn't a pad price to pay for your life.

·
Registered
17 Posts
jakes10mm said:
My out the door price is $376, which I thought was rather fair...
Firstly, I think that's a very good price considering the prices that I've seen for the Pony and Mustang.

I have a Pony Pocketlite just like the one pictured. It's a nice gun and believe it or not, I've been able to hit and knockdown bowling pins (just for fun) pretty consistently @ 20 yards or so. The finish on the alloy frame is, what I consider, rather fragile and shows wear and scratches easily. Also, the DAO trigger is a bit on the heavy side -- my guess would be 12-15 pounds.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts