Defensive Carry banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
View attachment 324156 My 8 incher...Tribute to Avery Brooks. ( HAWK & his Snake Gun).
"Spencer for Hire" actor. 8-inch-001.jpg_thumbnail0.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
21,912 Posts
Congratulations, absolutely beautiful. :congrats:

Well of course you knew that you old coot! They say thats the second thing to go....:duh:

Ok so yea... imagine them doing that old blue they used to do? Oh man... I can dig that. However I think the amount of hand polishing they did on those will never be done again. Id love that but its probably a pipe dream don't you think?
You can still have that amount of hand polishing from Colt, only it's Custom Shop now, and $675.00.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Do they buy you dinner before that?

Well...actually that not bad.
I work in the food processing industry, and have had to polish several pieces of stainless (impellers and the like for food grade pumps.). The sanitary requirement from the USDA is a 3a-4a polish. 3a is a very high gloss satin, and 4a is the great-granddaddy of them all: mirror-polished stainless steel.

That amount of work by hand takes lots of time, so $675 doesn’t seem that bad to me...

·
Registered
956 Posts
Nice.
Good luck on that "user-interchangeable front sight". I've been trying to get that "user-interchangeable front night sight" for my Cobra.
Ordered it right after Moses parted the Red Sea. I guess they'll always be on back order since they keep putting them on new models.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I work in the food processing industry, and have had to polish several pieces of stainless (impellers and the like for food grade pumps.). The sanitary requirement from the USDA is a 3a-4a polish. 3a is a very high gloss satin, and 4a is the great-granddaddy of them all: mirror-polished stainless steel.

That amount of work by hand takes lots of time, so $675 doesn’t seem that bad to me...
Back in the day... Colt was known for its depth and quality of its blued revolvers. Mainly because they highly polished them before they blued them. It was a crucial step in getting that deep seems like forever blue finish. Since they are not making any of these new snake guns in that metal Id expect none of those to be seen. Shame... but you have to sell a kidney to get one if they did. I can live with only one can't I?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts