Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Howard...loved the moving at the beginning and the long distance accuracy drills. I am just amazed by the many various ways that every state comes up with for their qualifications. I know that they are based on actual or theorized shootings. Keep up the good work....

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Howard...loved the moving at the beginning and the long distance accuracy drills. I am just amazed by the many various ways that every state comes up with for their qualifications. I know that they are based on actual or theorized shootings. Keep up the good work....
Will do. Thanks for watching!

Howard

·
Premium Member
4,237 Posts
Thanks Howard. Makes me want to dig the Trooper out of the safe and show it some range time.

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Thanks Howard for another great segment of your LEO qualification shoot-out.
@hrfunk I wonder how long Kansas has had this qualification? It looks like it goes back to the days of when the revolver was the primary duty weapon.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Howard for another great segment of your LEO qualification shoot-out.

@hrfunk I wonder how long Kansas has had this qualification? It looks like it goes back to the days of when the revolver was the primary duty weapon.
Thanks! I thought the same thing. I know some states have more or less kept their revolver oriented courses to accommodate the few remaining officers carrying wheelguns. The theory is that the semi-auto shooters can fire the revolver course, but revolver shooters could not necessarily shoot a semi-auto specific course. I see plusses and minuses to that way of thinking.

Howard

·
Registered
8,044 Posts
Love the Trooper. My cousin, who I would go shooting with a lot in my late teens, had one. That's a gun they should have kept making or should bring back. Pythons were great to look at and/or take to the range, but I would rather carry a Trooper.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Love the Trooper. My cousin, who I would go shooting with a lot in my late teens, had one. That's a gun they should have kept making or should bring back. Pythons were great to look at and/or take to the range, but I would rather carry a Trooper.
Yep. The Trooper is an "all business" wheelgun!

Howard

·
Super Moderator
18,241 Posts
Howard, you have given yourself a unique assignment taking on all 50 states' qualification requirements.

Now I'd be pleased to carry that Colt. Don't know how well I'd really do qualifying with it though as my trigger finger is too accustomed to Smith & Wesson double-action triggers.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Howard, you have given yourself a unique assignment taking on all 50 states' qualification requirements.

Now I'd be pleased to carry that Colt. Don't know how well I'd really do qualifying with it though as my trigger finger is too accustomed to Smith & Wesson double-action triggers.
Ha! So is mine! Still, I mnanaged to fumble my way to a qualifying score. I'll be you would too!

Howard

1 - 12 of 12 Posts