Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get one of these In Car gun safes from COM. Mostly to use to secure gun in a hotel or to put in luggage when flying. Do you think the key lock or combo lock is better suited?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Are you speaking of the secure-it lock boxes? If so I have one with the key lock, however, I am thinking of getting a second one with the combo lock.

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
I can easily use a key in the dark. OMOYMV:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I can easily use a key in the dark. OMOYMV:rolleyes:
Key! I have read too many user reviews complaining that the lid on the combo models can be popped easily.

I, too, have no problem using a key in the dark. :image035:

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Combo lock! That way there's no chance of lost keys, broken keys, or extras being made. Just like with my combination gun safe.........that information will easily die with me if that's how things go down, and nobody's getting to my stuff easily like taking my keys off my dead body.

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Key. The combo is a pain in the butt, cheesily built (the lock) and very finicky

I wish I had never bought it. Buy 3 keyed alike safes and you will get 6 keys that fit.

·
Registered
571 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
FWIW ...

Cabela's is selling the same item (they are all made by Secure-It) through Dec. 2nd for $19.95 - either regular or large (keyed version).

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
FWIW ...

Cabela's is selling the same item (they are all made by Secure-It) through Dec. 2nd for $19.95 - either regular or large (keyed version).
Can't find that on their website. Are you talking about in-store?

BTW here are links to the two items. You can read the reviews and come to your own conclusions. The combo one does have some complaints.

Cabela's -- Secure-It Combination Lock Handgun Storage Safe

Cabela's -- Secure-It Key-Operated Handgun Storage Safe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts