Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can enter through the forum or you can enter the site through the new portal page by taking this link, if you haven't found it yet.

H

·
0 Posts
Bumper said:
You can enter through the forum or you can enter the site through the new portal page by taking this link, if you haven't found it yet.
Now thats cool, Bumper. I like the portal page. :smile:

·
Registered
20,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is anyone using the portal page?

·
Registered
940 Posts
Didn't know it was there - but it's a bit busy for my personal tastes.

Also, FYI, the header graphic makes even a full-sized IE window at 1024x768 turn into scrollbar hell.

·
Administrator
143,466 Posts
Yep...I use it & really love it.

It makes me feel Welcome when I click to come over here.
So it is doing its job! :welcom1:
It's a nice added touch.
Of Course....Some of our luckier forum members could start taking random "pot shots" at the Portal Page with their new & highly innovative Laser Beam Blasting BullLites...but I would probably leave it unscathed. :wink:

·
Registered
20,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rfurtkamp said:
Didn't know it was there - but it's a bit busy for my personal tastes.

Also, FYI, the header graphic makes even a full-sized IE window at 1024x768 turn into scrollbar hell.
I can fix that by slimming it down a bit :image045:

·
Registered
20,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, thanks guys. I was just wondering if it is something that people were actually using or if it was just a "use it the first time" kinda thing and then never use it again. I don't currently have a way to detect traffic through that area or into the "Links" area...

·
Registered
940 Posts
Does your web host give you access to log files? If so, I'd be looking at Webalizer or similar programs.

You can place a tracking image on any page as well to determine how many times it's hit if you're looking for additional information and all the host does is provide very basic, silly statistics. If "imagelinks200.jpg" is hit 5000 times a day, you know the links page is hit 5k times, for instance.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
yup I use it every time I log in.

·
Registered
20,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rfurtkamp said:
Does your web host give you access to log files? If so, I'd be looking at Webalizer or similar programs.

You can place a tracking image on any page as well to determine how many times it's hit if you're looking for additional information and all the host does is provide very basic, silly statistics. If "imagelinks200.jpg" is hit 5000 times a day, you know the links page is hit 5k times, for instance.
I do have Webalizer but haven't had the time to go through all of the vB forum scripts to do that sort of thing. Low on my priority list right now, I was just curious....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.