Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered one of these in black, they come in a few nice colors.
Wanted something for lounge clothes, something comfortable and this is most like an under ware holster than any I’ve seen so far.

**Not for exercise, this wouldn’t be good for exercising or hiking, I do have a military grade belly band for that (bike ride, walk) but wanted this for home/lounging/yard wear.

The holster has a terrible write up lol, honestly I think it was done by a man though from reading it.

Will give a review after getting it, on the link there is a video at how many ways you can wear it! Most versatile gun holder than I’ve seen, plan on carrying my Shield .45 in it - also has extra room for a mag.

lethallace concealed carry holster for women

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Following with interest, Sister. My wife has been considering that type of carry for her weapon; she's never found a holster that works for her.

Reactions: Sister

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Interested in hearing your opinion. I would also be interested in knowing if it has a way of using a kydex insert within it for extra protection.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update on holster;

More con than pro, however I will use it - I also agree with the write-ups, it could be a dangerous way to carry!

Pro; Very comfortable, I could sit down with it and it wasn’t uncomfortable like the heavy duty belly band that cuts me on my legs and upper belly when sitting. Was able to cover not only the trigger but the whole gun when it’s wrapped up. The clips to hold it into place are well made.

Best description would be like wearing a lightweight Ace wrap.

Con; It would be very difficult to re-holster after removing, probably would have to re-wrap yourself to get it to a safe carrying position. My Shield was too heavy and too big for this holster, IMHO this holster is made for a dinky gun.

Real Bad; I wore it on the outside with lounge pants around the house with my shield loaded in it, darn glad it wasn’t one in the chamber (meant too just in case) because when I went to the bathroom and tried to just slip the holster up, my shield flipped over, fell on the sink and the barrel was pointing at my face! 😳

@SOS24; hope the measuring tape will help you determine if it’s big enough to do what you want with it. There is a second pocket to the right of where the gun is, would hold prolly two mags but again, the weight would be a problem I’d think.

B5D4AB02-7022-4F94-A69B-D56E1839C562.jpeg

9A254338-0D94-4557-BAC9-13A3E1D2D361.jpeg

7AAC8335-9D2F-4082-A594-40E813012876.jpeg

Reactions: equin and msgt/ret

·
Premium Member
7,288 Posts
@Sister -- Thanks for being a guinea pig for the rest of us! From what I saw on the web site it looked too flimsy and like only a tiny gun would work - just as you reported. I have two of the under $20 neoprene ones from Amazon. I wear one around the house a lot, and sometimes when I go out if I need deeper concealment. They also are not for larger guns, though. They work great with my Glock 42 and my SIG P238's but anything larger is going to be very unstable.

The ones I bought aren't available now, but here is the page on Amazon. You can read the reviews and pick one. I suspect they all come out of the same factory in China, and that is why I bought one of the least expensive ones when I bought mine. I have two because I liked it enough to want to have a replacement on hand if/when the first one wore out.

ETA: The one I bought is back for sale on Amazon again.

I chose it for the price and also because it is one of the few that gives you a choice of left hand or right hand draw. I shoot left handed.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@ShooterGranny;

Thank you, took me a while to find the width of the band - same as the military grade one I already have. Looks great, but to wide! The width is why I looked into the wrap one that was softer - you can fold it to where the width is comfortable.

I would love to find a 3” width, trying not to get to personal about the military grade belly band, but it’s more like wearing a “Bustier“ lol, when sitting it’s like wearing a wire bra but the wire is more like sitting down with the car window rolled up on your boobs! It ain’t natural! 😂...and hurts too!

I’ll do some googling and see if I can find one that looks like that but the width is smaller. I do like that one you posted, the material looks nice! 😊

·
Premium Member
7,288 Posts
@ShooterGranny;

Thank you, took me a while to find the width of the band - same as the military grade one I already have. Looks great, but to wide! The width is why I looked into the wrap one that was softer - you can fold it to where the width is comfortable.

I would love to find a 3” width, trying not to get to personal about the military grade belly band, but it’s more like wearing a “Bustier“ lol, when sitting it’s like wearing a wire bra but the wire is more like sitting down with the car window rolled up on your boobs! It ain’t natural! 😂...and hurts too!

I’ll do some googling and see if I can find one that looks like that but the width is smaller. I do like that one you posted, the material looks nice! 😊
I wear mine just below my waist, so just the grip of the gun shows above the waist of my jeans. I can still reach in and get a decent grip on the gun and draw and ready to shoot pretty fast. (I do not use the elastic strap that snaps to hold the gun in. I tuck it in back of the band itself.) No way could I stand anything wrapped around me at and above my waist! At first I had trouble with it wanting to ride up, but after I learned "how" to wrap it, and what layers to put where, it works fine for me. I wrap it over a thin tee shirt - I don't have any camisoles - and pull my undies over the bottom of the tee shirt and most of the belly band, the the outer pants. This works well for jeans and also for my PJ bottoms which are cotton "lounging" style, meaning really loose but with a drawstring to slightly tighten the waist. A narrower one would cut into my hips and be painful for me.

TMI except between us girls: Wearing it this way means you never have to move it when you "go potty," as it stays where it is supposed to be, sometimes riding up a bit, but it is easy to pull back down over that tee shirt. When I used to go to Tai Chi I wore it against my skin. I much prefer it over a thin cotton top. Worn this way, a light cover garment is helpful if you actually want the gun to be concealed. I wear a sweater around the house anyway, and when it is hot and I go outside like to the porch or to water flowers I don't worry about the grip showing. Depends on where you live and who your neighbors are.

To each her own. The challenge is in finding your own that works really well. One could wind up with a drawer full of belly bands, to match that drawer full of holsters! 😵

1 - 7 of 7 Posts