Defensive Carry banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i will be taking the ccw class here in Texas on march 25 and i presently have a full size 1911 .45 that i will probably use in the class ,but what i would really like to have to carry would be a 1911 commander in 9mm that doesn't cost 4 million $$$$$:frown: is there a model such as i have described for around $450-$600, or is there another totally diff. model pistol that is similar in style and size like i have mentioned? BTW here is my loudmouth.

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Calling Bud, Bruce, QK - and several others!! :wink:

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
9mm's are hard to come by in a 1911, why not carry a .45 and your options open up wide as to what you can get?

No 9mm 1911's in that price range that I know of or are woth getting.

Ti.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Sounds like a Browning Hi-Power may be a better choice? :hand10:

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Team American said:
Sounds like a Browning Hi-Power may be a better choice? :hand10:
Yea, what he said!

Ti

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
In 9mm it would hands down be the HP. The Charles Daly is a good price and pretty reliable from what I hear. Never understood the 1911 in 9mm, when you have the HP, the smooth most comfortable grip I have ever held. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
+1 on the Hi-Power, ever consider a GLOCK? I carried a G32 for all summer / fall last year.....

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Also a G30 the summer before that.....

·
Registered
269 Posts
The Kimber Pro Carry II is a commander sized 1911 that is chambered in 9mm as well as .45 ACP.
I believe it can be had new for between $600 and $700.
I have seen prices in that range from AJC Sport Shop and Sporting Arms.
I have used Sporting Arms before, they are good people.

I think Springfield has a government size 1911 in 9mm for around that price range too, but I'm not sure on that one.
Good luck. :smile:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
new RAMI

well this is what i decided on,i havent got a chance to use it yet and probly wont for a few days because of the weather but when i do i will let you know how it is. if anyone here has experience with this pistol feel free to share yer comments

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Blue,

Nice choice, the Rami is a sweet carry piece. Several buddies carry them and love them! I think you will be very happy with it.

Please do let us know what the range report is, that is a really sharp little weapon.

Ti.

·
Premium Member
7,068 Posts
Glock M26 9mm. Gunshow price ought to be around $450-$500 and it will accept the mags from a Glock M19 and Glock M17. So you can have some good capacity. There are little spacers available to provide a seamless grip area. I have a Glock M27 in 40 and I have this setup.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts