Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,814 Posts
A little late to the party , but glad he is there . Of course, perhaps, Marylanders are waking up?

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
Not impressed. One former cop now a senator.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not impressed. One former cop now a senator.
I'd imagine the anti folks would listen to one of their own who "wised up" long before any of us here........

·
Registered
19,591 Posts
Well, it's usually cause for celebration when an anti comes to our side.

So we rebuke him because it took him a while to catch on, or understand? That just doesn't make good horse sense to me.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
It is not entirely clear to me what Jack McCauley's motive was giving testimony to the MD Senate. One thing is clear MD does need gun reform and as the man stated, Licensing is "out of focus." Requiring a Good and Substantial reason to carry in a "may issue" state is definitely something that MD's legislature needs to address. That practice is Not fair to law abiding MD citizens.

From what I can glean from the video, the man seems to be helping the cause more than hurting. I hope not all of the Senate was asleep while he was giving his speech. They really need to listen up.

·
Registered
39,998 Posts
None are never too old to learn the error of their ways.

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
Good to see someone come to the fold. Hope he can get the change that the good people in maryland deserve....

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I thought it was a very well thought-out speech, and I gather that he's like me - research a topic to death. I've done that more than a few times; researching something so much I had no logical choice but to change my opinion on the topic. Happened for a college English paper, once.

So let's not argue over how long it took him to come around. He did. Sure, he caused quite a bit of consternation in MD during those 24 years, but he's come around and is now in front of the state Senate, advocating for the rights of MD carriers.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Good to see someone come to the fold. Hope he can get the change that the good people in maryland deserve....
Well, he still believes in the Tooth Fairie, when it comes to UBC's filtering out all the BG's. But it's not a bad opening of the eyes for him, as a start. Hopefully he'll keep down that path, giving the thought process the intellectual integrity he seemingly has to offer up. Might well end up seeing the pointlessness of it all.

Kudos, for such folks beginning to wake up.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts