Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been delayed on yet another purchase and the only reasoning I can get from my dealer or the NICS hotline is that my name is too common. I use my social on the 4473 so I don't see how that could possibly be the problem. I think it may have something to do with a purchase I made a few years back at my local Gander Mountain when the associate entered my info incorrectly and I was originally denied until the manager called and sorted out the mix-up. Anyone else have some input on why I would keep getting delayed??? The craziest part is that I haven't been delayed every time since the error. Only one purchase since all that happened got an immediate proceed. My delays have ranged from 3 weeks to 7 hours. I'm baffled right now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I don't know how it works in Mississippi,but,i leave it blank where the SSN goes,but,it's not mandatory,here..I have a really common middle and last name,so i choose not to,not just for that reason,but,part of the reason

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know how it works in Mississippi,but,i leave it blank where the SSN goes,but,it's not mandatory,here..I have a really common middle and last name,so i choose not to,not just for that reason,but,part of the reason
I've always put it on the form and never had an issue until the error at GM. It's just really starting to bother me that I have to keep waiting when the last pistol I purchased was the only one that went through without delay.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Do you have your concealed carry permit? In Arkansas having the permit ebables you to purchase firearms without going through the check. Kind of like a hall pass. If you don't have your permit you should get it and that should eliminate your problem.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
In the almost 14 years living in this country i've purchased 6 firearms in florida and alabama. Out of those 6, only 1 went through the background check without a 'delay'. Never had a 'delay' longer than next day tho'.

Sara Lou

·
Premium Member
8,108 Posts
Always delayed in Maryland , As for ss# i put it on the forms if their is a place on the form . I'm 54 and my number has been floating around for years now too late to reel it in now.

·
Registered
37,099 Posts
Never had an issue with the 4473 check. In FL a permit only eliminates any "waiting period."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts