Defensive Carry banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a GLOCK 26 that I will use for my ccw when I get my chl and am looking ahead of time for the right equipment for concealed carry. I have decided to buy a Comp-tac iwb holster, probably the C.T.A.C. I am considering the slide version because I plan on buying a 19 or 17 next and would like the ability to carry it in the same holster, saves me $75 for a second one. Also the openness at both ends will allow for even faster cleaning if it gets dirty.

However I don't like the fact the barrel on my everyday carry gun will be exposed to crude build-up just so I can use it for the larger guns. Also if I take additional pistol classes the barrel of the 17 or 19 would touch my skin after a long day at the range. If I plan on taking extra classes I would get an owb paddel in the slide version so I can use my 26 and any other 9mm GLOCK pistol.

What are your thoughts on this subject? Will the exposed barrel be a problem in terms of reliability? Is the versatility worth the exposed barrel? Also what style of clips do you use and what do you think of them?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just ordered a C.T.A.C. slide for the GLOCK 26 and a mag pouch yesterday. I decided to go with the slide because the 26 will be my primary ccw but when I get a 19 it will serve as my back-up and I wanted to be able to use the same holster. Also with GLOCKs I don't need to worry about rust from sweat. When I decide to take additional handgun classes after the initial chl class I will buy either a Comp-Tac owb belt or paddel holster, so I don't need to worry about the hot barrel touching my skin. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.