Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is in the wrong area to post this. Today NW of here (middle Tn.) on the interstate 4 individuals from Mo. were driving when one of the passengers shot and killed one other passenger and wounded another. Causing a huge wreck. The shooter got out and went to a car and tried to take it over but the doors were locked. He shot a woman in the hand. A truck driver tried to intervene and he was shot in the face, surviving so far. He then ran across the interstate and jacked a car with a local man and woman headed SE. He had them take him to their house and retrieved two more guns. They got back on the interstate heading SE and he shot the man and pulled over and dumped his body off the side of the road. He then continued with the guys wife (pregnant with first child) and got into a high speed chase and crashed at about 100mph, flipping the car. As the police approached he shot himself and the woman was in fair condition. The area is local to me. None of this is what I would do, what someone else should do, just what the TBI just finished saying of what happened.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Another good reason to carry in your vehicle.

And not to let strangers get near your car.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
This is the kind of evil that happens daily ! This is why we carry, to defend ourselves, loved ones and others from animals like this !!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now I am seeing where TBI believes because of the shape of the shooters vehicle it appears two guns were firing. Also a car they crashed into is the first one jacked, he came up with the gun and they got out, man driving got his kid out the back seat and the bad guy drove off, but the car was so wrecked he had to abandon it, that's when he ran across the interstate and jacked one going the other way. I can't believe someone didn't have a gun during all this.

·
Premium Member
4,322 Posts
It may not be exactly as I wrote, I have heard slightly different versions. The news at local a.m. station has it slightly different. You may read it if you wish, there is also a picture of the BG. Sunday shooter is dead; body of hostage located in Coffee County - Thunder Radio
The first reports are always wrong. This is a very complex crime with multiple crime scenes. While TN has a pretty high rate of concealed carry compared to other states, the fact this occurred on the interstate means some (many?) vehicles were likely from out of state. The husband and pregnant wife are from TN, but only about 15% of TN residents have an HCP, and who knows what percentage of them carry. But as others have pointed, violence can reach out for you at any time and any place. Do you feel lucky guessing when and where? I know I don't, so I carry wherever/whenever I can.

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Wow, a total crap show. I always wondered how these guys shoot a gun off in the confines of a car and have the ability to keep going with the deafness and ear pain that has to occur.

·
Registered
945 Posts

·
Registered
18,758 Posts
Sounds like a damn sequel to Die Hard or something.

Reactions: Rock and Glock

·
Registered
360 Posts
Crazy story. Strange and terrible things have always happened and they will continue to always happen. Just try to stay alert and prepared and armed as one can't rehearse for every twisted scenario that may come your way down the pike.

·
Registered
6,113 Posts
Just imagine the outcome if the first carjacking victim had been armed and prepared to take care of business!......🤔

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just a thought, but all 3 of my vehicles are heavily tinted, including the windshields.
I feel a bit safer knowing no one can see inside, especially at night.
  • Would someone be less likely to go up to a car if they couldn't see who, or how many, they were up against?
  • I feel the fact that I can draw and aim without being seen as beneficial.
  • I feel my wife is safer because they can't see it's a tiny female driving. (Joke's on them, she's packing, she's a good shot, she's highly (occupationally) trained, and she doesn't hesitate.) Still, as a 6'4", 230 pound guy, I know I'm much less likely to have someone try to come after me than my wife who's a head shorter and half my weight.

·
Premium Member
7,613 Posts
While it is true that TN has a goodly percentage of permit holders, I venture to say that a very high percentage of them never carry. I know for sure that is true of all the people we know who have carry permits even though a lot of them shoot regularly!

As for me and mine: we carry always where legal.

Reactions: Rock and Glock
1 - 20 of 23 Posts