Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ill be carrying a glock17 in my next holster thinking about the ctac because my crossbreed supertuck was just to big of a holster for my small frame (5-8" 145lbs) any thoughts comments or suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
668 Posts
I use a M-Tac. You might find it fits in middle size wise. I love mine. My son liked it so much he kept it and I had to order another one. Can not say enough good about this holster and the people at Comp-Tac.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
6+ years of everyday carry including crawling under vehicles, and all day yard work as well as dress up and go out events with a CTAC and when it dies it will be replaced with another CTAC.

Great retention, easy draw, comfortable, durable, and great customer service. What else is there?

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
LOVE the M-TAC. Just got a new body for an old backing for the XDS. They redesigned the bodies to mark the weapon model on the exterior of the body. LOVE IT!

Yes, SMARTIES!!!!

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Curious which holes you use for the clips and what position you carry it in
If you were asking me I use the center hole on both front and rear. I carry it between 4 and 5.

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
Great holsters made by a great outfit. I've got two, both for 45's. A 3" 1911 and an XDs. I carry both canted at 3:30-4. All day comfort, secure, reliable. For my auto loaders, it's a one stop shop for me. No more adding mistakes to "the dreaded holster drawer". The potential mistake money is invested in components.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I carry at 4:00 o'clock and Im not sure what holes I'd use on a Comp tac product but on the supertuck I was second to highest on both clips. Looks like the M-tac may be a great option too! Thanks for the input I'm going to try to narrow down my options soon! Lol

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
I carry at 4:00 o'clock and Im not sure what holes I'd use on a Comp tac product but on the supertuck I was second to highest on both clips. Looks like the M-tac may be a great option too! Thanks for the input I'm going to try to narrow down my options soon! Lol
I will say that the MTAC is a good holster but if positive retention is a requirement then the CTAC is the way to go and is very adjustable for light to firm retention. It's also less bulk than a MTAC. Lastly, if you are one who sweats like a lawn sprinkler, the CTAC is the way to go since the leather back on the MTAC can absorb quite a bit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts