Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every one i was wondering if anyone could tell me how long i can expect to wait to have my ccw license mailed to me from Cuyahoga County Sheriff's Dept. I can not seem to find any answer to when i will recieve it, nor any way to check on the status, any help will be appreciate.

Thank You

·
Super Moderator
25,603 Posts
Welcome!

I'd suggest checking with the Sheriff's office or web site for an accurate answer.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Only thing I can suggest is that you give them a call. In Ohio you can go to the Sheriff's Department in any county that touch's on your county of residence to apply for a CCW. With Cuyahoga County being so heavily populated you might have been better off going to Lake, Lorain, Medina, etc. Regardless, I don't believe your wait should be too long. I went to Medina and had mine in 4 days.

Reactions: slammin

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin!

I think your question has been answered. Good luck!

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
If you haven't gone yet....go to Lake County...mine took 3 days and my wife got hers in 20 minutes. Ohio gives them 45 days by law and CC takes all 45 most of the time.

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

RET :31:

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry :wave: The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.

·
Premium Member
36,749 Posts
Hello every one i was wondering if anyone could tell me how long i can expect to wait to have my ccw license mailed to me from Cuyahoga County Sheriff's Dept. I can not seem to find any answer to when i will recieve it, nor any way to check on the status, any help will be appreciate.

Thank You
Ohio doesn't mail them to you. When they have processed your application and done the background check, they will call you to come in, get photographed, sign your license, and have it issued to you.

Reactions: Mardet65

·
Registered
887 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the mountains of North Carolina :wave:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Went to Medina for mine. Appointment set-up for app. and fingerprints. It took about ten minutes. They called me within a week to pick it up.

·
Premium Member
36,749 Posts
Went to Medina for mine. Appointment set-up for app. and fingerprints. It took about ten minutes. They called me within a week to pick it up.
My renewals from Crawford county have taken a week. I have been told that Marion county is slower, and that Delaware county pretty much stays overwhelmed.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Ohio doesn't mail them to you. When they have processed your application and done the background check, they will call you to come in, get photographed, sign your license, and have it issued to you.
They mailed me mine....they even tell you to bring a self addressed stamped envelope in case the NICS system is backed up and you don't want to wait. When I went for mine there was a 3 hour wait on NICS.

·
Premium Member
36,749 Posts
They mailed me mine....they even tell you to bring a self addressed stamped envelope in case the NICS system is backed up and you don't want to wait. When I went for mine there was a 3 hour wait on NICS.
In Ohio? If so, which county? I renewed a year ago, so things may have changed since then, but I'm not aware of it if they have.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
In Ohio? If so, which county? I renewed a year ago, so things may have changed since then, but I'm not aware of it if they have.
Lake County. Mine was issued the same day...USPS took 3 days

·
Premium Member
36,749 Posts
Lake County. Mine was issued the same day...USPS took 3 days
Just making sure I have it right... you took your application in, paid your fees, signed your blank license form, got photographed, all in one visit. The Lake county Sheriff's Office then mailed your finished CHL to you?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Just making sure I have it right... you took your application in, paid your fees, signed your blank license form, got photographed, all in one visit. The Lake county Sheriff's Office then mailed your finished CHL to you?
I think he may be talking about back when they first started issuing CCW's. Originally they did mail them to you but that has changed the last couple of years and you now have to pick them up in person as you have stated. I renewed last year as well and had to pick it up at the SO.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts