Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my Gen 4 G26 is a good shooter and very concealable - IWB or in cargo shorts pockets. However, it pinches the life out of my finger where the magazine and grip meet. It's a real bummer, because I researched forever before choosing that gun. The good news is that it doesn't pinch the girlfriend and she loves it, so she's going to buy it off of me.

Now I need a replacement for CC. Step down a little to the 43? (Tho wouldn't that pinch me as well?) Maybe get a 642/442? LC9s Pro? Shield? I would like it to be both IWB and pocketable. Thoughts? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Hi all, my Gen 4 G26 is a good shooter and very concealable - IWB or in cargo shorts pockets. However, it pinches the life out of my finger where the magazine and grip meet. It's a real bummer, because I researched forever before choosing that gun. The good news is that it doesn't pinch the girlfriend and she loves it, so she's going to buy it off of me.

Now I need a replacement for CC. Step down a little to the 43? (Tho wouldn't that pinch me as well?) Maybe get a 642/442? LC9s Pro? Shield? I would like it to be both IWB and pocketable. Thoughts? Thanks guys.
My wife and I really like our LC9s Pro. Shoots like a dream and conceals very well. That said, I carry a Glock 17 IWB most days. I do like the LC9 for those times when not being discovered is a concern.

The 43 just does not make sense to me. One less round and $150 more. By the way, we don't use the pinkie extension.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

IWB and pocketable. I was going to suggest the XD subcompact, but it (as usual, IMHO&YMMV) isn't pocketable. 32oz fully loaded.

442/642, yes, pocketable. Classic .38 snub. I like mine.

I have an XDS in 9mm. It's basically a G19, rendered as a single stack gun. With the short magazine it's a pocket gun. With the extended (8 or 9 rounds) it's a handy belt gun. I like mine.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Why not just sand a tiny bit of the mag base down? Larger gap = less pinch.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Try a Shield! I normally Glocks 23/27, but I love my Shield! And I'm confused, does it pinch your finger when inserting a magazine or while shooting it ?

·
Registered
423 Posts
I work with a former LEO who pocket carried a Shield 9, and he absolutely loves it. I don't pocket carry, so my full sized M&P9 works for me since I carry IWB. Conceals great.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I work with a former LEO who pocket carried a Shield 9, and he absolutely loves it. I don't pocket carry, so my full sized M&P9 works for me since I carry IWB. Conceals great.
Try a Shield! I normally Glocks 23/27, but I love my Shield! And I'm confused, does it pinch your finger when inserting a magazine or while shooting it ?
Would that not pinch me in about the same area?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have the XDS 3.3 9mm and have had zero problems to date (2 years). It is my go to carry gun unless I need to go smaller then it's the LCP. I have the glock 19 and it is a great gun but just find myself carrying the XDS more and more. Good luck in your choice as there are a lot of fine hand guns out there.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Because they are so similar, I think the G43 will very likely pinch you also.

With about 400 rounds thru it (6 different brands of ammo both FMJ and JHP), my wife's Taurus PT111 G2 has been absolutely flawless, which is more than I can say for my G26 or G42. I was very hesitant to buy it, but a coworker talked me into it, and man he was right. It's a hell of a gun for the money.

It's also slightly smaller than the G26 (very close to G43) but still has a 12 round mag, and costs $200 at Palmetto and Kentucky Gun Co. The trigger is also almost like a true single action trigger, so is much more crisp than a Glock.

Gun Review: Taurus PT111 Millenium G2 - The Firearm Blog

Gun Review: Taurus PT-111 Millennium G2

I've been seriously thinking about selling the G26 and buying another PT111, but since my wife isn't carrying yet I just carry her Taurus instead.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Would that not pinch me in about the same area?
Mine doesn't, but then again neither does my G27. Why don't you try a Pearce finger extension on that 26 before you right it off. It might make a difference and eliminate any pinch.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Have you tried putting on an aftermarket baseplate? Like the stuff they use at competitions. They're shaped slightly different from the factory part, probably enough to not pinch you. Vickers and Strike Industries make them.

Edit: Apex makes Glock base plates too, for $4 each.

·
Registered
434 Posts
The XDs does an ok job...not my fav...I just don't like shooting it past a hundred rounds or so. On the other hand, the g19 is a great gun...more rounds, better grip, etc than the 26. If you really need a pocket gun, I'd steer you towards a p238 in 380acp or 938 in 9mm. I carry the 19 most often, followed by the 238, then the XDs. My 938 is a really good looking gun, so I'm a bit protective of it and don't wear it while working in the dirt or on the vehicles. Just another data point...

·
Registered
383 Posts
Most likely you have the ambi mags. The older mags with out the second ambi groove will eliminate the pinch. They sit a little higher in the mag well. If you got two or three of those mags and change the mag spring you will be good to go. You can also look at Pearce mag extensions for your existing mags. Otherwise a Shield will be a good fit or a Walther PPS M2 or Glock 43...I would try the pearce pinky extension. There is small and large...I prefer the small but thats me Old mags work the best for that problem

1 - 20 of 91 Posts