Defensive Carry banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I've been eyeing a 9mm legion and wondering if anyone has any experience concealing them and I've also notice sig has " exclusive " iwb holsters for their legions Anybody got any first hand experience ?

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
I carry a 229 SAS daily. IWB in a hybrid from White Hat Holsters. Conceals great, comfortable all day. Concealing a Legion wouldn't be any different.

I don't know much about the Sig branded holsters.

Reactions: Eric357

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
If you got the holster and frame for a full-size pistol carry, it's not that hard. The more difficult part will be finding a LEGION-specific holster. A buddy of mine ran into that problem, and the 229 Legion is his EDC.

Reactions: Eric357

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
If you got the holster and frame for a full-size pistol carry, it's not that hard. The more difficult part will be finding a LEGION-specific holster. A buddy of mine ran into that problem, and the 229 Legion is his EDC.
Why is a specific holster needed for a Legion? It's essentially a railed P229.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
For the last few weeks, I've been carrying a P229R AIWB in a Uncle Mikes size 15 IWB holster. It's a perfect fit for the gun, and is very comfortable to wear.

Even when wearing a t-shirt and shorts, it just disappears.

I've been a 1911 guy for many years, but for my body shape and the way I carry, the P229 is very close to the perfect gun.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Why is a specific holster needed for a Legion? It's essentially a railed P229.
I don't know the specifics, but they are of slightly different dimensions. He was looking for a P229 Legion holster, and the holster maker did tell him that a holster "for a railed 229" would not work.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have a Legion P226 DA/SA. I bought the Legion OWB Leather Wing Holster for it made by BlackPoint Tactical. I can tell you it's a quality holster well worth the price, comfortable with good retention. I have since bought more BlackPoint Tactical holsters for my Glock 19 and Sig 1911. As I believe you have seen, there is a Legion IWB Mini Wing available for the P229 in the Sig Store. Check out BlackPoint Tactical's website for more info on their holsters.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you guys ... im pretty sure Ima gonna buy it tommrow lol I'll prob have to start wearing bigger pants or lose weight ( 6'1 240lb ) but my g26 fits just right

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Thank you guys ... im pretty sure Ima gonna buy it tommrow lol I'll prob have to start wearing bigger pants or lose weight ( 6'1 240lb ) but my g26 fits just right
I suspect you'll be surprised how easy it is to conceal the P229. It's really just a bit longer than a G26 (which I also had and just sold), and actually with my slightly pudgy frame it's easier to conceal the SIG than the G26. The longer barrel keeps the handle pressed against my belly, whereas the Glock handle sticks out.

Also, for my tastes, the SIG is a much better gun. The SIG SRT trigger is just brilliant, and I much prefer DA/SA to the Glock striker fire action. It's a big enough difference that it's really an apples and oranges comparison.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
For two years the 229sas has been my conceal carry 90% of the time. Its a great gun.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I don't know the specifics, but they are of slightly different dimensions. He was looking for a P229 Legion holster, and the holster maker did tell him that a holster "for a railed 229" would not work.
I wear my p229 legion AIWB, in a kydex holster made for a p229R with no problems.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Same as isolod here. All of my holsters for the P229R that I had fit my Legion perfectly. And it carries nicely. I do recommend a heavy duty belt.

Here is my Vigilance Tactical IWB for a P229R.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wear my p229 legion AIWB, in a kydex holster made for a p229R with no problems.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Same as isolod here. All of my holsters for the P229R that I had fit my Legion perfectly. And it carries nicely. I do recommend a heavy duty belt.

Here is my Vigilance Tactical IWB for a P229R.

You got all that on your belt at once ? lol I gotta step my game up!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just bought the sig today and a bladetec holster with it .... took the holster home lol ...got delayed :(... while I was there i seen some smaller .380 sigs I was feelin a lot to that where a little smaller and lighter then my g26

1 - 17 of 17 Posts