Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about changing to owb carry for my g19, any recommendations for a great concealable holster?
Thanks

·
Registered
440 Posts
Concealable OWB holster = Kramer horsehide belt scabbard.

My EDC carry Glock 19, now a Shadow Systems MR918 is primarily carried in one throughout most of the year. I've been using this holster since the early 90s, back then with my duty SIG P226 or P220 for off-duty and plain clothes duty carry. I've always had one (or more) of these holsters for my primary carry gun.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You didn't mention what material you wanted for your holster so I thought a good place to look at G19 holster options is here...

The Comprehensive Glock 19 Holster List

I know there are a lot of options here and also a host of additional great providers as well. A proper gun belt will make a big difference in performance, while well thought out cover garment choices will keep you feeling secure with your holster and less conscientious about printing or unintentional display.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
15,889 Posts
Leather pancake holsters have worked best for me with an untucked garment over them. They pull the gun in tight to the body. Kydex and other style holster leave the butt of the gun a little away from the body and print more.

Holsters.jpg

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking probably kydex holster and I do have a great leather gun belt.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
I second the Kramer Horsehide belt scabbard!!!!!

Reactions: LimaCharlie

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
The thinnest and most form fitting holster that keeps the grip/butt of the weapon tucked in close to the body will be the most concealable. The problem is that changes based on the person, their body type, and the firearm. And this is why most of us have a slew of holsters we bought but didn't end up using...

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Holsters are a never ending slippery slope.

I got two in the mail today for my Sig P320. I have two more ordered that will be in later this month.

·
Premium Member
7,490 Posts
Leather pancake. I like Wright Leather Works Predator, but there's a lead time. Plenty of options out there.

As long as you don't wear form fitting shirts matched with metro sexual skinny jeans, you should be able to conceal easy enough.

·
Registered
8 Posts
TT Gunleather is my go-to maker; top notch workmanship and materials. FWIW, I only carry OWB, and nearly all OWB concealment holsters, versus duty or field holsters, are relatively easy to conceal if you are willing to wear the appropriate cover clothing.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
My EDC is a Phalanx Stealth Operator, it's wears very comfortable, low profiled and formed for good concealment. Fit's my Taurus G2C, PT140 and G3 perfect. If you have the G19, it will fit with no issues.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Bianchi PI, been using it for a few months now, I like it.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
I'm thinking about changing to owb carry for my g19, any recommendations for a great concealable holster?
Thanks
All holsters are concealable if you dress correctly.

Goto 1911Forum and look at the hundreds of OWB holsters pictured there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts