Defensive Carry banner

concealed carry fanny pack for wife

9K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  SCXDm9 
#1 ·
I recently purchased an XD 9mm sub compact for my wife. Can someone recommend a discrete fanny pack for this weapon that allows easy access when needed?

#4 ·
Thanks for your post, Der Alte. I carry mostly in a owb holster..... but on occasion use Eagle fanny packs. They are not leather but made of nylon. I have sizes that fit my G27, G23...... and even a size large enough for my Ruger P90. They've served me well..... but do have that "nylon" look.

I did google Roma fanny packs. They look interesting... and seem to sell for around $40.

Any gunnies out there have any thoughts on Roma fanny packs... or for that matter the Eagle fanny packs? (And yes I know some gunnies would never consider using a fanny pack.... but occasionally they work for me...:smile:)............ Thanks....:wave:

#9 ·
+1 on retsupts suggestions, I like the looks of them very much, I had been researching this for a carry method for "sometimes" use.

#11 ·
tunes,

Coronado's leather fanny packs are truly beautiful, and as well-constructed as their very well-designed purses. But the excellent leather they use is not ideal for this application. Their fanny pack design cleverly conceals the compartment zipper but makes it very difficult to access the firearm in a hurry, because the good thick leather just doesn't slip out of the way of the zipper as the pack is ripped open.

pax

#12 ·
Check out D&S Enterprise www.gungear.com

Really nice products and their holster setup is great. I have a medium size codura fanny pack which hols a G26 + 2 spare mags in the gun compartment and 2 other compartments fo phone and other items. Holsters and mag holders velcro where you want them so you can set it up however you feel comfortable.

Large selection of purses, leather, etc. Very fast turnaround.

Oh yes - 2 women own & run the company.

#16 ·
Here's another vote for Tommy's Gun Pack. I have a few of these for both my wife and I. I will admit that the large one I have for my full sized .45's is rather cumbersome but the small one for the wife's M&P9c is ideal. Tommy's are well made and have a great design and I'm sure you'd be impressed.

I am intrigued with this packs design and may try one for my full sized guns as it doesn't look so blocky.
Hawkepaks.com, Inc. for EMS, PPE supplies

#17 ·
I am intrigued with this packs design and may try one for my full sized guns as it doesn't look so blocky.
Hawkepaks.com, Inc. for EMS, PPE supplies
Wow I like that. It's more of a 'stealth' bag....people wouldnt guess. I'd wear it on my side, 3 o'clock.

I like things like this and fanny packs for outdoor events, like festivals (which our fine city has just outlawed...illegally according to the state constitution), but dont wear a fanny pack for day-to-day carry.

IMO, a fanny pack is for wearing 'on your fanny', not in front (sorry, looks ridiculous). It's one thing to pull it around to the front if needed, but then my purse is faster.

#20 ·
There are some good looking options listed here! I still have a "legacy" gun pack from Galco that I use on rare occasion. It probably screams GUN! but I only ever use it for working out or taking a walk at night. Once in a blue moon I'll strap it on to run to the store if I don't want to get dressed up and wear a belt.

#21 ·
Friends don't let friends wear fanny packs!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.