Defensive Carry banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am looking for a CCW gun. I am looking at the XDS 45ACP. Just wanted to get your opinion? I have never owned a Springfield and want a easily concealable gun.

What do u think?
Recommend something else?

And, for those of you who own it, watching some videos on youtube I have heard:

Its SNAPPY! How is the recoil?
and
the fiberoptic sights could fall out?

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
93 Posts
My EDC is a Kimber 4", but I do carry the XDs as a back-up. It's a great pistol and conceals readily. I use 185 gr to mitigate recoil.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually just got back from picking one up and know hearing about light primer stricks and other issues. I hope I wont regret it.

The only thing I notice different from other guns is this piece I don't know the proper name (the striker) but is wiggling.

heres a pic (click to enlarge) (circled RED)
Electronics Hand Electronic device Gadget
is it normal to wiggle without really even touching it?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Paulb787 does it wiggle front to back or side to side mine wiggles front to back. I have put +\- 300 rounds through my gun and have not had a problem,eats everything I have fed it.

·
Premium Member
4,128 Posts
Most light primer strikes are from an out of battery condition that is operator induced. Limp wristing is the normal problem. Your first range, you may find it a bit rough. Don't worry. Next trip will be better and it will continue to grow on you. Good luck. And remember, this is not a 1911. It requires a firm, direct hand in everything you do, from chambering to recoil management. You'll be ok.

·
Registered
433 Posts
picked one up a couple weeks ago and love it. picked up some pearce grip extenders for the mags to get a full grip too. have had no ftf or fte due to light primer strikes. from what i understand that is generally caused by not having a good enough grip on the weapon.

·
Registered
91 Posts
No problems with mine at all. The only negative I have is round count, and that just comes with the territory. 45 is a big round. It has no more recoil than my LC9, and is basically the same size. I carry it in a Hidden Hybrid holster and it disappears.

·
Registered
234 Posts
My edc is an XD .45 service (4" barrel) and conceals nicely on my frame. I have carried this gun for over 3 years and it has been faithful. With over 1000 rounds through it, I have not had a ftf or fte yet.
:cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts