109 Posts
Excellent

·
Registered
3,171 Posts

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Being in Milwaukee I heard a live interview by him early this morning on the radio. It might be interesting to note that he said he didn't have a loaded chamber. Sounded like he's a fine modest young man who did everything right in detaining the attacker until police arrived. It might also be interesting to know that the officers checked his CCL & let him go on about his business. They didn't check his gun which he had holstered as soon as the POs had him covered but had it aimed at the suspect until then.

He's a fine example of a Marine.

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Way to go! We need more responsible citizens like him.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Being in Milwaukee I heard a live interview by him early this morning on the radio. It might be interesting to note that he said he didn't have a loaded chamber. Sounded like he's a fine modest young man who did everything right in detaining the attacker until police arrived. It might also be interesting to know that the officers checked his CCL & let him go on about his business. They didn't check his gun which he had holstered as soon as the POs had him covered but had it aimed at the suspect until then. He's a fine example of a Marine.
He's a fine example of a human being.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Where are all the people on here saying he should have just been a good witness?

I want to know why he didn't chamber a round as soon as he engaged with his firearm?

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
They're at the other end of those who would have emptied 5 mags in him after exposing their CCW badge.

Reactions: 65108

·
Banned
963 Posts
Good job,,,, but like everyone else ,, why carry it with empty chamber,,,,
I would have had one chambered when I left my home,,,,, it pays to be ready.

All is well that ends well & its seems to have been enough just to show the weapon
in this instance.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The West Allis police chief says these types of situations really are judgement calls for gun owners. While they don’t encourage this behavior, they appreciate citizens watching out for each other as long as they do it legally and are willing to accept the consequences.
Ringing endorsement there Chief. Thanks for the support.

·
Registered
212 Posts
If I came across a situation like this I'd be afraid it was just some pimp kick'n the snot out of a "ho" who'd taken too much of the proceeds!! Shoot the pimp and the "ho" jumps you big time.

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
Good for him, he handled it perfectly. As to the not having a loaded chamber, I'm surprised by that especially from a Marine. Does anyone know what type of weapon he had? Of course, since he was on the radio he may have been just saying that as a potential legal CYA just in case.

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
Good job. It's good to see a positive firearms related story, they usually go unreported.
The strange thing about this news report is the news team went with the Marine's report of what happened. No spin, no references of recent past shootings, no BS. I say kudos to the news people.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Anyone else read into the story that the LEOs (or at least the chief) isn't happy about CCW?

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Being in Milwaukee I heard a live interview by him early this morning on the radio. It might be interesting to note that he said he didn't have a loaded chamber. Sounded like he's a fine modest young man who did everything right in detaining the attacker until police arrived. It might also be interesting to know that the officers checked his CCL & let him go on about his business. They didn't check his gun which he had holstered as soon as the POs had him covered but had it aimed at the suspect until then.

He's a fine example of a Marine.
I put a link to the interview in this thread for those interested.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...his-weapon-save-woman-attacker-interview.html

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Your basic good story on Alter Ego rules. Just read one on the other forum involving assistance to an LEO getting the worst of an altercation. The rule is good but you have to be careful. In this case it appears to be a cut and dry situation where the lady is being severely beaten. It had better be cut and dry and you had better know who is who and what is what before you enter the fray. What looks like an open and shut case could very well be something different than what your eyes tell you and if you decide to invoke Alter Ego you leave yourself open to a bad shoot, brandishing, and even your own death or injury. If you are not 100%, (this case seems to be one of those 100%ers), you call 911 and yell and scream and solicit assistance from others around you but drawing a firearm is entering very dangerous territory even if you think you are doing what is right.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts