1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Luckily, here in CO "Codes of Conduct" are not laws themselves.

Let me guess- a non-manual safety striker gun with a "great trigger"... :hand1:

·
Super Moderator
16,164 Posts

No, safe action.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Do signs carry the weight of law in CO. Hope the guy gets something other than a Glock now.

·
Registered
488 Posts

To be fair, a gun is like a ****. If you play with it, it'll go off eventually.

You could have a 2lb match SA trigger, and if your holster is stiff and covers the trigger, and if you don't finger it, it won't fire.

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
As Shootnlead wrote above it was a handling failure. I am continually amazed when people manage to acciently shoot themselves. I just don’t get it. Really, how difficult is it to keep your finger off the trigger and keep the trigger protected? It is not.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Nothing in the news coverage so far seems to have identified the make of the gun. I hope the guy’s going to be okay.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Something like this is hard for me to imagine. I say this because all of my carry holsters are designed to cover the trigger. And once that gun is in it's holster, it is not coming out useless I have to move it somewhere* or use it. I have been in shopping malls many times while armed and my carry gun has done just fine. No one knew I was armed and the gun did just fine where it was.

Hard to tell how this incident happened but my guess is either his holster was not of good quality and design (didn't cover the trigger), weak and didn't offer good trigger protection, or for some reason he handled his gun and when reholstering, got some piece of clothing in the trigger guard which pressed against the trigger forcing a discharge.

* When I am on vacation, I carry one of my M&P Shields. All of those guns in my collection do have externally settable safeties since when on vacation, they tend to get moved from my holster to a glove box or some other place several times. In those incidences, I do what a manually settable safety. That is the exception for me.

Reactions: Struckat

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Negligent discharge with painful consequences. Luckily this jackhead only hurt himself. Definitely had his head up his fourth point of contact.

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
Nothing in the news coverage so far seems to have identified the make of the gun. I hope the guy’s going to be okay.
Agreed, everyone seems to be assuming it was a glock. No mention of the gun in the article.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts