Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy carries concealed when he takes his kids to a trampoline park. Then decides to join in and exposes his firearm. When reported by a mom, he refuses to put gun in his vehicle when asked by management.

What do you think?

I might have done it while pocket carrying. But if I was asked to put my weapon away, I would have complied or taken my kids and left.

·
Premium Member
8,356 Posts
Is he trampolining in Mosul, Iraq?

Jheeeez-Sus! Why do some people want to be strapped no matter what they are doing?

Some people are always ready for The Test.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
This Just came up the other day! My son bought the grandaughter a Trampoline. when she wanted Grampa to jump with her I turned to my son and said... Hey Ya'll hold my....

Even pocket carry, I could see it getting loose. DR

·
Registered
281 Posts
If you find yourself in the middle of an argument with a manager at a kids trampoline park about your right to CC, after joining in on the fun and exposing your weapon and being reported by a concerned mom, it's probably time to reassess and exercise a little discretion.

·
Banned
854 Posts
Guy carries concealed when he takes his kids to a trampoline park. Then decides to join in and exposes his firearm. When reported by a mom, he refuses to put gun in his vehicle when asked by management.

What do you think?

I might have done it while pocket carrying. But if I was asked to put my weapon away, I would have complied or taken my kids and left.
Gently speaking, he's an asshat.

·
Banned
153 Posts
Doesn't seem very wise to jump on a trampoline while strapped. I would be concerned about it coming un-holstered or falling on it, or possibly getting jarred bad enough to cause a accidental discharge.

·
Administrator
144,132 Posts
A properly functioning firearm well secured in a quality holster with good retention should not inherently pose any safety concerns on a trampoline.

That having been said.... Perception is 7 tenths of reality and the perception of the act would not be good.

So...a wise man would egress the trampoline and comply with the establishment request or...just leave and take his kid to get a Happy Meal.

Ok....I made the 7 tenths/reality part up but, it sounded really great. :yup:

You can get the gist of my comment even minus the perception part. :biggrin2:

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Or alternatively, just don't jump on the friggin trampoline? Or IWB carry with a tucked in shirt? I mean, there are several ways he didn't even have to get into this mess. If the kids want dad to jump on a trampoline with them, buy one for the home and have at it where nobody can tell you what to do with your gun. You can afford kids, you can afford a trampoline and I've seen people put them in their little apartments so space isn't that big an issue either. Carry a revolver with a concealed hammer if you're going to go jumping around like you're 5 again, then you won't have to worry about an AD. And when someone politely and respectfully asks you to take the gun out to the car, just do it for petes sake. If you don't want to, leave. You aren't handcuffed to a pole in the park, and it isn't your property anyway. Just chill and be the good guy.

·
Super Moderator
19,882 Posts

What do you think?

I'm amused that a thread about a trampoline originates in Spring City...

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
There's jumping on a trampoline, and then there's jumping on a trampoline. I jump on ours with my Shield in a Cloak Tuck 3.0 frequently. But I just jump. I don't attempt flips, or fall on my butt and spring up to a standing position, etc. I would disarm if I was going to do those things.

·
Registered
598 Posts
What do I think? Guy was a douche............

What do you think?

Reactions: Renaldow and 9MMare

·
Registered
48 Posts
LOL, I carry very regularly. However, I am not so tied to it, or paranoid, that I would EVER feel the need to keep a gun strapped to me while jumping at a trampoline park. (Uh, I usually just drop the kids off, pay, and pick them up when it's over anyway).

This type of stuff reminds me of a post I read on another forum quite some time ago. Guy was asking what he could do to avoid having his mentally disabled daughter avoid banging her head or body parts on his gun when she went into convulsions while sitting on the couch next to him. (Yes, it was a real post). My response was to move to a safer neighborhood. Really. I get it. Bad stuff can happen anywhere, but sometimes it's just not feasible, practical, or intelligent to have a gun on your person.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
I'd say it was pretty stupid in the first place to get on a public trampoline w/ a weapon.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I do it all the time....NOT.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts