Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to buy a compact pistol to carry everyday with a manual safety. I have been doing a lot of research and I have not found many, so I figured id try to get some help here. Here is a list of things I want in the gun but not sent in stone, so I would appreciate it if someone could just post a list of 9mm,40 and 45 compacts with manual safety, but im also looking for advice of what gun to choose. When I can narrow it down to a few guns I like im going to go to my local range and try out a few so I know what to buy. Thanks!!!

Looking for a compact light weight 9,40 or 45
Manual safety
stainless steel

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Everyone is making a compact 1911, or are you looking for something the size of a 938.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Ruger lc9, Sccy cpx1... not sure if both are stainless. A stainless finish does not necessarily mean it's actually stainless steel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
I EDC a P938 as a BUG, but also like the Sheild quite a bit.

Reactions: PhaedrusIV

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
3913 or 3914 in the used case.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Compact, subcompact, or micro?
Compacts : Ruger SR9C, S&W M&P9C
Subcompact : Ruger LC9S, S&W M&P Shield

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
You should specify a barrel length or a gun of comparable size.

"Compact" seems to generally mean a gun with ~4" barrel like a Glock 19 or a SIG P229. "Sub-compact" is generally ~3" barrel or less.

So, in the 4" barrel range, you should check out the Tristar C-100. I don't own one, but they get raves from reviewers and people I know. And they are pretty inexpensive.

I also agree that a 1911 is one of the greatest designs ever. However, they tend to be pricey. The P938 is a great sub-compact version of the design. For the compact size, you'd be looking at a 'Commander'. Most of the big companies make one, but not all make a stainless version.

BTW, why stainless? I tend to shy away from stainless CCW because shiny objects attract people's eyes. Also, if you get a blued 1911, you can get into less expensive guns like Rock Island or Para USA.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I would recommend the Sig P938 (9mm). Nice compact size (3" barrell). Very light and very easy to conceal.. I don't even feel it when carrying.

Good luck with your search!!

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
I recommend the Ruger SR9c

Reactions: wizard7mm08

·
Registered
63 Posts
I believe the Sig P320 is available with a manual safety. It comes in full size, carry, compact, and sub-compact and available in 9, .40, and .45.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Since you mention carry, a steel 1911 has some weight to it. The defender is aluminum along with something like a Dan Wesson ECO. Then again, I am a 1911 guy. I have practiced and learned the manual of arms for that weapon system. The shield 45 is an excellent carry weapon but the safety is small and may be difficult to manipulate under pressure. So I would recommend a 1911 aluminum framed weapon or a shield .45 (my next weapon I believe). That is my personal choice which may or may not be acceptable to you.

Reactions: PhaedrusIV

·
Registered
431 Posts
Sig p938! I'm as accurate with that little gun as I am with my G19 with crimson trace laser, and my g17. Saturday at the range, I shot 21 rounds at 7 yards in a 3" group. Bullseye was gone...just a hole. Fantastic little gun. It's probably my all time favorite for ease of carry, perfect weight, and superior accuracy for that size of gun. I do use the ext mag with pinky that holds 7 rounds, which gives me a full grip. I cannot use it as well with the 6 round flush mag.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts