Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone legally conceal carry or even open carry a pistol in there own home without any type of permit? And also outside on there own property?

·
Registered
481 Posts
I don't know about your state but in Michigan, we can Open Carry without a permit.

·
Banned
45 Posts
You need to check your state laws. In North Carolina concealed weapon laws only apply off of your premises - meaning your home and property outside your home. So I can carry concealed without a permit or even carry knives concealed (which is not allowed in NC with a CHP).

I would think every state would have the same provision at least inside the home. Otherwise what are you supposed to do, leave your guns laying around in plain sight?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Can someone legally conceal carry or even open carry a pistol in there own home without any type of permit? And also outside on there own property?
It depends on the state and what city in that state.
Generally if they can own it, yes.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
It depends on your states laws.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I can do whatever I please on my own property.

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
As you have figured out by now, the answer to you question depends on where you live. While accurate, your location of "US" prevented anyone from giving a good answer. Just a thought -- or include the state in your question.

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
While legal to do so in FL, I would not walk around my front yard in our sub with a pistol exposed...it would be taken the wrong way, and I have no desire to 'enlighten' the neighbors or visitors driving through...I still keep it concealed.:wave::31:OMO

·
Registered
109 Posts
Even in the firearm black hole of Illinois we may carry in our homes and on our private property... man, I hope the black helicopters don't surround my house for letting that info out...

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Yup, check your State's laws! :yup:

·
Banned
1,059 Posts
Usually no problem, in Ohio, but one must take precautions when one's guns may be found and touched and handled by children; some state laws requiring that they be kept unloaed and or locked up and separated from ammunition. Owners being liable and responsible for their guns and for keeping them away and safe from children in the home, including visitors, etc. Note to future intruders: I have no kids or spouses inside this house; so beware because my guns are loaded and I don't care about your unhappy childhoods or why you are up to no good in my 'hood.

·
Registered
90 Posts
are you kidding me, its your property your house your life......Of course you can open carry or concealed carry inside your home..With or without a permit

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
In Texas the answer is yes and yes!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I can and do! It's my property and I live far enough off the road that no one has any business wondering onto my place. You have to look to find the driveway. Any friends or family that come over know and expect that I will be armed and they understand or they don't come over , their chose. It's extremely rare for anyone to come in here by accident.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The state in question is NJ. Not staying in nj. much longer going to NC.
That explains why your question was limited to carrying inside or outside your residence without a permit. :embarassed:

You are lucky enough to have been able to have a gun so I wouldn't push it by carrying outside the house unless you live on some decent acreage and can't be observed from the public areas.

Wait until you get to NC where you can get a carry permit. :danceban:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts