Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:gah: I work for a company where you can not be armed while at work. We are allowed to leave it in our vehicles.

One of my fellow co-workers had told us about one of the street people running at him and yelling.

"I am Paranoid and YES they ARE out to get me" is the way I think most times.

I had just left work and had just holstered my weapon when I heard this yelling coming at me. I still had my hand on my weapon :comeandgetsome: as I turned toward the noise.:aargh4:

The person yelling saw my hand and my weapon and turned and ran the other way.:gah:

I report the incident to company security with a description and they said they would check it out.:nono:

·
Registered
568 Posts
So what will you do differently/better next time? (To minimize risk in that environment)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
did you report the incident to the police?...if the person who was approaching you reported it you could be questioned for brandishing a weapon...if you thought you were right and in a position where you may have had to defend yourself it may have been a good idea...it also increases the chances of more frequent patrols in the area...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sounds like you did all could. Maybe keep your head on a swivel as you enter/exit your work area/parking lot. Sounds like you definitely surprised the crazy guy with your hand in the position it was.

My job won't let us carry inside "the fence" either. I never bring mine to work with me, even in the p-lot. Don't want any chances of it getting taken from the truck. I would suggest that if you don't, start keeping your weapon in a lock box of some kind, secured to your vehicle.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As I was leaving I was getting it from my lock box and holstering it. Our security are the police.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Sounds like you did all you could... Good thing you have off-duty police for security...I don't see how you could be charged for brandishing a gun, while it's in a holster...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts