Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey friends, I am considering a light. I started out with a mag light, but recently seen the sure E2d (i guess this is right) when in my doctors office. This light could be used as a pummel if needed. Guys and Gals, what is the price for this light and where is the best place to order one. I figure with this light along with my knife and pistol will provide me three options. And, in situation where a pistol is not allowed I have the light and knife and spray.

We live in a world that is getting worse everyday. Protect yourself and stay safe.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
for the exec. about $70 or so. A 6P would be a bit cheaper and larger. either 1 should work well for ya. I use the G2 , polymer body but cheaper price. works well as a light though.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
FWIW I order most of my knives and flashlights from this outfit and they usually have the best price after you consider shipping.

http://www.newgraham.com/

Their customer service is second to none. They have called me and asked me crucial details on orders before so I wouldn't have a problem, they ship super fast, and they take good care of you.

Other than that, +1 what rocky says.

·
Banned
151 Posts
The SureFire Z2 is always a good choice for a really bright small carry lite. Next the SureFire M2 then the M3 they are not cheap but they are quality.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I just picked up a A2 Aviator for $130.00 new and on sale at my local Gateway Outfitters. I didn't realize that it was an amazing price until after I was looking at what they really cost. Probably won't carry it but it's great around the house at night or anything else. I live on 5 acres and have no problem seeing anywhere on the property with it.

I just didn't realize the quality and power of these lights. I will be buying a couple more and find that perfect carry light.

Ti.

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
I have a Surefire E2E and love it. It's the same as the E2D but without the defensive ring....

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I'll say this too - even my lil' E1e is a great light. I know it is small - I know it's output is nowhere near ''up there'' compared to many others but - it is not so large that I can't easily carry it clipped to belt - and no one yet who has sampled the full-on light has seen other than stars for a coupla seconds.!

I know the reach is not as good as larger ones but it serves my purpose anyways, and with the LED head giving effectively same output as the bulb I get great battery life and no sudden fall off.

In fact I rate the battery life more by its remaining voltage than perceived output. Even down as low as 2.7v - the light is still very functional.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My favorite light is my SureFire U2 Ultra. I can quickly and easily adjust the light output for varying ambient light conditions in 6 increments from 2-80 lumens.

I will carry either a E2D Defender or L4 as backup.

I love the durability of the LED lights. I have had lamps on incandescents go out too often either from their life expiring, or being dropped/banged around to trust them completely.

Supposedly, SureFire is coming out with a 65 lumen LED version of the Defender. I can't wait for that to come out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bought my second brinkman at target. Has two 123 lithium batts. and zenon bulb. Comes with belt pouch. Even put one on my rem.870 for home. Cost of the light was $18. You can even order on line from their web site. Might want to look into it.........

·
Registered
523 Posts
The G2 is my pick. Price is very nice at $36 list, and the plastic body will last. The sock P60 lamp is more than bright enough. But if is more power you what, step up to the P61, at almost double the lumens. But about 1/5 the run time.

The only feature I would like to have is a button lock out.

You can find them on e-Bay but they tend to go for as much if not more than you can get them at a local store. I got my two for about $20 less than list.

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
I love my SureFire 6P. I have two of them. The one I carry at work has the standard P60 bulb. The one I carry for CCW has the P61 bulb in it. Battery life in my CCW 6P is not a concern because it rarely gets used and I wanted the brighter bulb for use as a weapon to blind the BG should the need arise.

·
Registered
523 Posts
vzwnnj said:
The G2's work well...probably not much of a weapon, but a good light
True.

A mag light like a 3 C or D cell would be better. But not as easy to carry. Unless you are not trying to be discreet.

·
Registered
737 Posts
If you're a civilian newgraham is great. If you're military, Surefire will give you a 25% discount if you order direct from their website. Just mention it in the comments field while ordering and they should take it off automatically.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have an original 6Z that has been around the world and given great service. Just wish it had the new lockout tailcap - I need to order one of those.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I have a G2 and an E1L Outdoorsman. The G2 is rated at 65 lumens and the E1L is rated at 25 lumens. I find them to be of equal brightness due to the E1Ls LED bulb emits a white light. I'll definetly stick to the LEDs from now on. On a recent camping trip we were in the middle of a lake and I was using my 25 lumen E1L and my friend was using his Mag light. I think it was the 1 that used 5 DD batteries. It was late at night and we were using them to illuminate infront and to the side of the boat. I could seen the beam from my Surefire better than the Maglight on the shoreline over 100 yards away. I plan on getting either an A4 Aviator or an L4 LumaMax.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Power went out at work today, and guess what I had to do my business in the dark. I definitely need a light and one that I can attach to my belt. Thanks friends I am shopping.

·
Registered
47 Posts
SureFire LED's and best place to buy

I have a Surefire X200B for my USPc. Great weapon light.

I have a non-led 6Z with an anti-shock bezel and a 120 lumen head for my REM 870 mounted light.

The BEST place to buy SureFire lights and a whole bunch of other stuff WAY cheaper than almost anywhere else is :
http://www.grtactical.com/

e-mail the owner for his best price on the item you want and you will be surprised.

Service is great.

I am thinking seriously of getting a Night-Ops Gladius.....:banana:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts