Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Just like many other things, I don't find anything wrong with the concept, since contact tracing has been used by epidemiologists for many disease throughout the last century. If they want to manually call people for immediate contacts, they should go ahead and keep doing so. What I do find disturbing is the way people want to use technology to make this rather manual process "easier" by revoking any semblance of privacy for everyone.

This is sort of the same slippery slope that suggests that companies should be able to unlock encrypted phones for law enforcement by having a back door. It only helps in a few very isolated situations, but at the same time it hurts absolutely everyone all the time.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Whoops, watch your step please. We have a slippery slope ahead!

Reactions: Jeanlouise

·
Premium Member
3,993 Posts
Anything and everything will now be done in the name of "COVID".

Forced wearing of masks
Contact tracing
Forced vaccination...yes, I do believe it may come to that.
Forced quarantining...also very probable
Closure of businesses that don't comply
Schools closed
etc

All things that are happening right now that were unthinkable 2 months ago.

·
Registered
34,034 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts

Forced wearing of masks
Contact tracing
Schools closed
etc

Please don't conflate all those things together. They are not all the same. Closure of schools is not the same as mandating wearing of masks, and is not the same as contact tracing and is CERTAINLY not the same thing as forced vaccinations. I don't know what "forced quarantine" means, since by definition quarantine is forced... always has been. Quarantine of infected patients who are at public health risk is thousands of years old, and is a very effective method of containing communicable diseases. You have no more right to cough on someone if you have COVID19 than they do to pull out a knife and stab you.

While I don't doubt that there are people out there whose wet dream is forced vaccinations merely because they'd like to impose their power on others, I don't think it's going to happen in the US. I also think that once an effective vaccine is widely available, most other containment measures become far less important. I don't see a reason to force someone to get vaccinated at all. On the other hand, I think that if you choose not to get vaccinated despite having the means to do so and no health contraindications to vaccination, it's your funeral. But if you show up somewhere infected because you chose to not be vaccinated, you should surely be liable for any infectious you cause in the infirm and those who have contraindications to vaccination. After all, you have the freedom to CHOOSE to drive drunk, even if it's a bad choice.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
It's so cute how they think we are going to fall for this garbage. Please.

Reactions: The Old Anglo

·
Registered
519 Posts
. But if you show up somewhere infected because you chose to not be vaccinated, you should surely be liable for any infectious you cause in the infirm and those who have contraindications to vaccination. After all, you have the freedom to CHOOSE to drive drunk, even if it's a bad choice.
Drinking and driving is a choice. Sue me if you get sick and you "think" I was the vector.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Drinking and driving is a choice.
So is not getting vaccinated. So is pulling out a gun a shooting someone randomly on the street. As for suing, sure, why not - the trial lawyers will be happy if no one else. I imagine there may be circumstances, especially once the population is largely vaccinated, where such a connection could be proven to the level of preponderance of evidence, if not beyond a reasonable doubt. That's not why I posted though - I am not sure why being callous or inconsiderate has become a laudable characteristic. My impression is that this is the conservative version of the "resist" movement. Remember - Karen doesn't vaccinate her children. Be better than that.

·
Registered
519 Posts
So is not getting vaccinated. So is pulling out a gun a shooting someone randomly on the street. As for suing, sure, why not - the trial lawyers will be happy if no one else. I imagine there may be circumstances, especially once the population is largely vaccinated, where such a connection could be proven to the level of preponderance of evidence, if not beyond a reasonable doubt. That's not why I posted though - I am not sure why being callous or inconsiderate has become a laudable characteristic. My impression is that this is the conservative version of the "resist" movement. Remember - Karen doesn't vaccinate her children. Be better than that.
Who is callous or inconsiderate? Your impression is something but I am not sure what and Karen does vaccinate. She also wears a ineffective face covering as I also suspect that you do too.

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Abut the only thing I would be okay with is the mandatory wearing of a mask. I look pretty cool in one.

·
Registered
589 Posts
If the Gestapo calls me, that is when I will do a HRC and beat my phone to pieces with a hammer! And who is this Karen that keeps getting mentioned?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Who is callous or inconsiderate? Your impression is something but I am not sure what and Karen does vaccinate. She also wears a ineffective face covering as I also suspect that you do too.
Fantastic. What else do you know about me?

·
Premium Member
4,374 Posts

Forced wearing of masks
Contact tracing
Schools closed
etc

Don’t forget death squads. How many people did the NY Governor send to their deaths this year? He seized power he doesn’t have. In the name of COVID.

Reactions: Jeanlouise
1 - 20 of 49 Posts