Defensive Carry banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Funny to me that people think this is something new, they’re watching the flock and have been for decades. To believe anything else is naive. The shackles of tyranny are forged one link at a time. Do not underestimate our huge and sophisticated governments desire for power and control. As we learn to bear and carry each new link another is being forged.

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
@OldChap: Good info. I was thinking about those pouches, but I was worried about my family not being able to get ahold of me. One thing I found out though is they still make pagers. They are not expensive, they are very small, and the cheaper ones are "receive only," nothing to track.
I picked up a tactic from one of our SWAT commanders, which I'm sure he learned in the military. He would open a communications channel for 30 seconds each quarter hour. The radios would then be shut off from the channel until the next time slot. With a cell phone, it will download any text or email traffic when taken out of the bag - unless you have a huge pile of ads! :embarassed:

The SWAT guy used that procedure before a raid. When they actually committed to action, they would keep the command channel open continuously. Should have mentioned that.

·
Registered
33,858 Posts
We did get along but cell phones have made life so much easier and I wouldn't want to be out driving today without mine. I'd hate to go back to the days of trying to find a public phone to make a call.

We got along without electricity and cars too, but life is so much better with them.

Cell phones are a double edged sword in a lot of ways.
Android here also, but what irks me are those folks who feel they must be in constant contact with the world--as if they all have clients on death row and are awaiting a last-minute pardon from the governor. My wife is one of them, never turning hers off for anything. And then she has the thing set to chime every couple minutes if she gets a text, so it's ding-ding-sing all dang day long! Then she spends 20 minutes texting what could have been a two-minute phone call. Drives me bonkers.

I turn my phone on when I need to turn it on. I am not at anyone's beckon and call. They can leave a message and I'll get back to them--eventually. A battery charge lasts me a long time.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I can't remember when I have even seen a public pay phone, except maybe at an airport, in a long time.
The last pay phone I encountered only was capable of making outgoing calls. Not receiving calls. Is that universal now?

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Faraday bags ~ Prices are going up daily!!!

the bags that @OldChap suggested. We have a few and more on the way. when all is said and done we will have 4 phone bags and two 14 X 18” bags. Have three cell bags already, as we ordered more the prices seemed to jump a few dollars a day on amazon and eBay.

People are catching on to these things like the toilet paper running out. Cheap one’s can be had for around a buck or two a bag that have ziplocks on them. I did find 2 nice one’s for $15, now they are up to over $25 for the same deal. The bigger one’s are for our lap tops/ipads.

If anyone visits we want them to put their phone in a bag while here and dispatch it in the driveway. Do we have it? Don’t think so, I’ve had all of those symptoms for over 5 years so unless I can’t smell anymore I’ll never know. My cousin said that was the give away for covid, the smell test. If you can’t smell then don’t tell anybody cause... 🎼 they’ll come and take you away hee hee ha ha 🎶 😡 Brown Shirts!

They work good, completely shut off any link even when turned off - it takes a minute or two for it to search for the towers when taken out of the bag.

Reactions: OldChap

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
The only reason I even have a cell phone is for emergency use and it is not smart!

Reactions: OldChap

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Android here also, but what irks me are those folks who feel they must be in constant contact with the world--as if they all have clients on death row and are awaiting a last-minute pardon from the governor. My wife is one of them, never turning hers off for anything. And then she has the thing set to chime every couple minutes if she gets a text, so it's ding-ding-sing all dang day long! Then she spends 20 minutes texting what could have been a two-minute phone call. Drives me bonkers.

I turn my phone on when I need to turn it on. I am not at anyone's beckon and call. They can leave a message and I'll get back to them--eventually. A battery charge lasts me a long time.
:rolleyes: I agree with you OV, hate the constant noise like a “Master” telling me to pick it up. Have found a great love for our new Faraway bags, to stay “safe” my phone goes into it all day long, night too. If I’m with CWO then anyone else can wait until I get ready to take it out of the bag. I’M IN CONTROL NOT THE PHONE!

Yeah.....cell phones suck 98% of the time imho. :yup:

·
Registered
116 Posts

BTW, the US government can track you now if it wants to, even without this new update and apps. It is suspected that they can even get access to your phone's microphone, even when you are not on a call. That may be conspiracy theory, but it is technically possible.
You cannot take a cell phone with it's battery in place into a classified area. It can be listened to at anytime, even off. Battery must be out. It's not just a suspicion. Glad those days are behind me...

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
You cannot take a cell phone with it's battery in place into a classified area. It can be listened to at anytime, even off. Battery must be out. It's not just a suspicion. Glad those days are behind me...
Times change... even taking batteries out isn't acceptable anymore. All transmitting devices, batteries installed or not, are prohibited and stored in lockers outside secure areas.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The cell carriers track all cell phone locations with an algorithm using triangulation of signal strength data from the towers and store the data for a while. Even flip phones. Turning off location services doesn't stop this process. Most newer non smart phones are now made with gps functions built into the chip set for greater accuracy. This function was mandated with the enhanced 911 related laws for your benefit.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts