Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had it a month, put 400 rounds through it and it doesn't get any better. It double feeds every range session and is difficult to un-jam and it's terrifically inaccurate. I've been shooting for five years and am pretty good with my other guns. I've shot Blazer, Hydrashock and Prvi Partizan through the 232. Yesterday I used a bench rest and most of the rounds still went low. My conclusion is it's a bad gun. Will send it back to Sig on Tues. Anybody had this problem with a 232?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
My P232 has been flawless out of the box. Eats everything I feed it, however, I have not tried Blazer or Privi in it. If it's double feeding, you need to send it to Sig and have them adjust it. Have them zero the sights for you while it's there too. I can hit quarters at 15' with mine, it's very accurate. Sorry to hear about your problems, I'm sure Sig will take care of it for you.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
That is bad news - my P230 has been absolutely flawless and way more accurate than a gun that size has any right to be.

If your groups are tight but just low, it's most likely a sight issue, not a gun issue, but this doesn't sound like it's the case here. Even if it were just a sight issue, it needs to be looked at because of its poor reliability. Please let us know what Sig says...

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I had a problem with my wife's P232 that I bought used. The takedown lever was loose, causing it to turn while firing and the upper slide would go flying off on the second shot. I called Sig and explained the problem and told them that I bought it second hand. No matter, they sent me a shipping label and I sent it back. They replaced the takedown lever and gave it complete checkup. When they shipped it back, they included a new hardshell case. All for free. Service like that is what makes a person buy a dozen Sigs.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I had the gun back from Sig in 3 days. Also, this was not a certified pre owned gun. Incredible service.

·
Premium Member
3,579 Posts
I've had it a month, put 400 rounds through it and it doesn't get any better. It double feeds every range session and is difficult to un-jam and it's terrifically inaccurate. I've been shooting for five years and am pretty good with my other guns. I've shot Blazer, Hydrashock and Prvi Partizan through the 232. Yesterday I used a bench rest and most of the rounds still went low. My conclusion is it's a bad gun. Will send it back to Sig on Tues. Anybody had this problem with a 232?
Sounds like your 232 got the Signess! Call Sig and return it, there is no reason to keep on shooting a lemon. They will take care of you.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have had my Sig 232 for several months and I have had no problems. Hope you get your problems resolved. :hand10:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Another happy P232 owner here. Sorry yours is giving you trouble. Send it back and Sig will make it right.

Be Safe,

NosaM

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I had a blued P232 that was absolutely flawless out of the box, except for the infamous slide bite. :gah: I had a Bersa 380 that I liked shooting a little better, so I sold the Sig.

I'd contact Sig and see if they can look at it, sounds like maybe you got a rare lemon.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I had a problem with my wife's P232 that I bought used. The takedown lever was loose, causing it to turn while firing and the upper slide would go flying off on the second shot. I called Sig and explained the problem and told them that I bought it second hand. No matter, they sent me a shipping label and I sent it back. They replaced the takedown lever and gave it complete checkup. When they shipped it back, they included a new hardshell case. All for free. Service like that is what makes a person buy a dozen Sigs.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I had the gun back from Sig in 3 days. Also, this was not a certified pre owned gun. Incredible service.
SIG and Springfield Armory have the best customer service IMO. They WILL make that 232 shoot reliably. It's a fantastic little pistol!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I have a P232SL and it has been flawless with everything I have fed it. Make sure you aren't limp wristing it.
I am sure Sig will take very good care of you.

NCH

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have been shooting and carrying a 232 for almost 3 years and I shoot the heck out of it...fmj, various hollowpoints and now I'm shooting Buffalo Bore and I think I have had one failure to feed in three years. I'd send that bad boy back for a overhaul.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts