Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did it, finally.
i converted a buddy, well not converted him but convinced him of the value of carrying.
a bit of the story. another friend sends out all this political, terrorist rhetoric that is all over the internet. stuff like al-queda is planning another attack:mad: , blah blah stuff like that. well i would follow up with "well in yer own lil world you can make yerself a bit more prepared by carrying or at least getting yerself the option to carry with a CHL in yer posession.
a good friend of mine that also gets these stories, reads my responses, chimes in also occassionally, had came to me this AM saying "you convinced me with that last email from Ray, i'm gonna call my son and we are gonna take the classes" we talked for a lil bit about it this morn and i'm convinced he will. (old navy guy, committed type, very patriotic).

not blowing my own horn or anything, but i think i did a good thing today. if i do nothing else today i can say i did that.:banana: :haha:

·
Super Moderator
13,264 Posts
You did good man! That's one, now pick another and start workin' on him! Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
:congrats: You did good!

Now I hope he takes it seriously and isn't doing it just out of terrorist hype and and ends up letting his gun collect dust as soon as he feels "safe" again. :frown:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Little victories.
one at a time i guess.

and the beauty part is he came to this conclusion on his own, essentially.
of course with some gentle nudging by a friend.
and yeah hopefully it becomes a 'way of life' not a fad.
but he's a dedicated type once it sinks in and gets comfortable with it.
like anything new for all of us.

little victories

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Good job. Got to ask, what was in that email from "Ray" that pushed him over the edge?

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Good job Solo - lil' bit by lil' bitty bit!

It is good to just manage to get someone to see logic - that in itself is often the major hurdle.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Bravo!

Baby steps guys, baby steps! One at a time the general populace will come to the realization that personal responsibility is the moral of life.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts