Defensive Carry banner

Will you carry something different in cooler weather?

• Yes

Votes: 108 42.5%
  • No

Votes: 146 57.5%
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I like Defensive Carry because I'm able to talk about things I wouldn't necessarily feel comfortable talking about at my place of work. Just had to tell someone... I got my shop to order my first Glock - a Glock 32 (.357 Sig) for my cool weather setup. I'm thinking about carrying it in a Summer Comfort from Galco - I'm sure the name won't effect its suitability for winter carry. lol It's in layaway for a short bit 'til I pick it up and I'm pretty pumped about it. Anyone else changing things up for cooler weather?

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
yes will switch to a sig 229 from a glock 23

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
I will be carrying my P220 SAO more often in cooler weather OWB under a jacket.

·
Banned
5,253 Posts
I carry the same gun all year long until I feel the urge to switch platforms.

Currently that a Hi Power, but the urge to go back to the Double Action revolver for off duty carry is strong. I'll have to pick up another 4" .357 Magnum before I do that though, as I want to carry two of the same gun and a BUG.

Biker

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
I'm lookin to have a new compact 1911 .45 of some kind In the next month or so. Leaning hard in the Kimber direction, maybe Sig with OWB carry.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
YES!!!
Oops sorry for yelling, but I am pretty happy the weather will be cooling down soon, sweatshirts hide my S&W 686+ and it will be my carry gun as soon as I can hide it again:yup:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I switch from a P232 .380 for summer to a 1911 .45acp in winter. The Sig conceals better with light summer clothing. The .45 gives more punch to get through heavier winter clothes (if necessary) and is usually covered by more clothing so concealing isnt a problem.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
No change for me, G23

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I carry a Glock 27 during warmer months and my XD .45 Compact more during colder months when I can wear heavier clothes.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
M&P 340 back to Glock 23.

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
I carry my cpx-1 9mm in the summer and my RIA compact 1911a1 when it gets cold

·
Registered
809 Posts
I used to carry my G19 all the time. Then I got a G26 this summer and I’ve carried it almost exclusively since. Once jacket/hoodie weather rolls back around, I’ll make myself start carrying the 19 with all the goodies again. Congrats on the G32. Awesome gun.

·
Registered
92 Posts
For year round protection, Sig P220 Carry Elite.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts